23

Tonight was the ball. Rosemary had flown in last night and was staying in her room at Bonanno's building. She had decided she wanted to stand out tonight and her usual black outfits wouldn't do that since most people wore black to these. She decided on a red dress since it still fit her MO.

She was in the bathroom putting her makeup on. She did a dark copper smokey eye with winged eyeliner and even put on fake lashes. Not super dramatic ones but enough to make her eyes pop. For her lips she did a matte dark burgundy color. Her effort was to look hot. She knew Vince would be there and this was her idea of innocent revenge. She was still really upset but there was no use dwelling on it.

She looked at herself in the mirror and fluffed her hair. She had put it in long loose curls. Her makeup looked good. Now all she needed to do was put the dress on and leave. Seemed simple enough.

"Knock knock," Jovani called walking in. Rosemary had managed to keep herself busy last night with his company.

"How do I look?" She asked popping her lips in the mirror.

"Sexy."

"Perfect," she said and walked to the closet to grab her dress. It was easy to just step into and pull up for the most part. There was a bit of shimmying because it was tight but it was worth it. She looked in the mirror and smirked to herself. The v-neck went down to her stomach and there were slits on the sides and up her legs. All made of red lace.

She paired it with black heels and some gold earrings

She paired it with black heels and some gold earrings. She looked great. Bonanno would probably disapprove but she didn't care one bit.

"Damn mammas, you coming back with me tonight," Jovani said obviously checking her out. She huffed and walked out of the closet.

"I'll go home with whoever I please," she said back and Jovani just smirked. She gave herself one last look and grabbed her phone. Weapons weren't allowed at the ball and there was a check before someone went in. It was to ensure there would be no violence.

"You walking in on my arm?" Jovani asked her. He hoped that she would say yes.

"No."

"Why not?"

"We aren't an item so it's pointless. I'm going solo on this," she said and grabbed a shall while getting into the elevator. The doors closed before Jovani could get in making Rosemary scoff. When she got to the bottom she walked through the lobby earning many stares. She got into the black limo waiting for her. Sent by Bonanno of course. The extravagance was unnecessary for Rosemary but tonight she didn't mind. The driver helped her in and closed the door before walking around. She helped herself to a glass of champagne while checking her phone.

There was a message from Bonanno saying that if she didn't come she would not be invited again. He always threw empty threats like that around. Plus, he said that every year she didn't come. It wasn't long till they pulled up to the venue in the middle of the city. The driver opened the door and extended a hand.