20

Rosemary didn't sleep much at all last night. She dozed off a bit at one point and woke up on the floor. She was still feeling the affects of the alcohol in her system since she kept drinking through the night. She stood up and fixed the robe around her body. She walked into the bathroom and the contents of her stomach emptied into the toilet. She leaned back and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

When she got up to brush her teeth she saw her appearance in the mirror. It wasn't the messy hair, dark circles, or bloodshot eyes that bothered her. It was the hickeys left on her neck and chest. She was marked by someone who was gone and it bothered her immensely. She looked away and thought a tear would roll down her cheek. It never came. She had cried all her tears last night.

She finished brushing her teeth and went to her closet. She put on a pair of panties but that was it. She walked out and grabbed a bottle of wine from her bar and sat on the floor against the couch. She thought drinking would make the pain go away so she kept doing it. She thought maybe if she drank enough all the thoughts of him would go away. Like it never happened. She rubbed her eyes and looked out the large window.

She couldn't stop picturing Vince's window in his apartment. She remembered when he told her how much he liked her piano playing. She cried again. Tears actually falling this time. She remembered how nice he was when she was freaking out about the Alex situation. She remembered the night in the hot tub and how she freaked out. She remembered how many times she tried to push him away but he always assured her it would be okay.

"It's not okay," she mumbled to herself while taking a big sip of wine. More tears fell from her eyes and she sobbed this time. She looked pathetic while sobbing and drinking the wine. She was a mess and she knew it. She didn't do anything to stop it though. She heard her phone ring. It had been doing that a lot but she never answered. This time it didn't stop ringing and she groaned picking it up.

"What?" she snapped into the phone.

"I have your dagger. You home?" she heard Damon ask and she scowled. She was really not in the mood for this right now. She might actually kill him if he said something out of line.

"Yes," she said and hung up the phone. She threw it behind her on the couch and looked back out the window. She hated the window. She hate how big it was and how much sun was coming in. She grumbled getting up and grabbing the curtains. She slid them shut roughly before sitting back on the couch. A few minutes later she heard knocks on the door.

"It's open," she called slumping on the floor again. Damon walked in and took in the sight in front of him. The room was dark, there was shattered glass on the floor, and the girl who tried to kill him was drunk on the floor with tear stained cheeks.

"Uh, are you okay?" he asked hesitantly while shutting the door.

"Just put it down and leave," she groaned while staring straight ahead. Damon set the box on the counter and furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't care about her but he was a bit concerned. She was a killer and she didn't look like one right now.

"Is this how you always live?" he asked while slowly walking towards her. She huffed and grabbed the knife that she kept tucked under the couch. She turned and let it take a place next to his head on the wall.

"Go away or the next one won't miss," she warned slumping back down. She didn't want to talk to anyone, much less him. She took a big drink from the bottle but it fell short. "Huh, it's empty," she said looking at it.

"How many of those have you had?" he asked sitting on the edge of the couch.

"Why are you still here?" she asked and tossed the bottle behind her on the couch. Damon wasn't sure why he was still there. Maybe it was because he was so concerned that she wasn't trying to kill him. "He left me," she sobbed from sudden burst of emotion. Damon widened his eyes and stood up.