50

Rosemary woke up to a lurching feeling in her stomach. She got up and quickly ran to the bathroom, ignoring the throbbing in her head. Drinking all day with Jay probably wasn't the best idea. He heard her and waddled into the bathroom.

"I have to pee," he said and she looked up at him.

"I'm busy," she said before throwing up again into the toilet. Jay cringed but walked over and grabbed her hair.

"We are never doing that again," he said and rubbed her back.

"Agreed," she said but her sentence was cut short by more of last nights drinks emptying her stomach. "That's so gross," she said and reached up flushing it.

"My turn," he said before shoving Rosemary out of the way and puking himself. She leaned against the sink cabinet and rubbed his back. It was a pretty pathetic scene to see. Just two best friends taking turns puking in the toilet. Rosemary stood up and brushed her teeth while he was busy being sick. "Are you calling him?" He asked and she got up walking out of the bathroom. It was too early and her head was pounding too hard to have the conversation.

"Where's the Advil?" She called through the apartment and he held his head shuffling out of the bathroom.

"Shhhhut up," he said smacked her hand away from the cabinet. He opened the one next to it and pulled out the pill bottle. They both dry swallowed three of them and slumped on the couch. "Hey, don't go to sleep," he said and nudged her with his foot. "Roooooo."

"What do you want?"

"Food," he said and she grabbed her phone tossing it to him.

"Just Postmate something," she grumbled and laid her head in the pillow. A few minutes of silence was broken by loud pounding on the door. "Would you get it, it's your house."

"Shut up!" He yelled at the door making Rosemary groan. He walked over there and opened it. "What do you want? It's early," he said without looking at who it was. "Oh, Damon."

"I need your help. Has Rosemary called you at all?" he asked and Rosemary frowned. Even from the other side of the door she could tell he had a frown on his face.

"No," Jay said but gave it away by looking over at her. Damon crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Is she here?" he asked and Jay didn't answer right away. He moved to step inside but Jay blocked him. "Jay, just let me talk to her," he pleaded.

"I don't think she wants that," he said and Damon sighed rubbing his face with his hands. Rosemary felt really bad and pushed herself up off the couch. Her stubbornness wasn't helping anyone right now.

"Jay," she said and he looked at her. He stepped aside and Damon followed in after him. He saw her and frowned.

"I'm going to go sit in my room and go to sleep," Jay said and walked away. Damon stared at Rosemary and she just sat cross legged on the couch. He sat next to her and rested his elbows on his knees.

"I'm sorry," they both said at the same time and snapped their mouths shut. Rosemary looked down at her lap and frowned.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. It was all my fault," Damon said but she stayed looking at her lap. "Ro, I love you. I really do and I was just so caught up in keeping you guys safe that I didn't think about keeping you guys happy," he explained.

"Why didn't you kiss me or tell me you loved me? You just were always giving me a cold shoulder," she said and he shrugged shaking his head.

"I have no idea. I feel terrible about it though. I feel terrible for basically throwing the responsibility of Vel at you. I'm sorry," he said and she looked up at him. "You were 100% in the right to feel the way you did."