19

Rosemary grabbed the boards and carried it under her arm while walking down to the beach and tossing it on the ground. They had made a stop to get him a swimsuit and rash guard. Rosemary set the board on the sand and pulled on her rash guard.

"Lay on your stomach," she said getting on the board herself. Vince was hesitant but did it anyway.

"This feels stupid."

"It's how I learned," she said. "Okay pushed up and go on your knees. Then bring your foot up to the middle of the board and stand. Keep your feet in the middle or you will fall over. Knees bent. The lower you are the steadier you will be," she said squatting down further. She looked over and saw Vince looking awkward but doing it.

"I'm not doing this," he said and she laughed picking up the board.

"Come on," she smiled and he picked up the board following. It felt good to be in the cool water again. The smell of the salt water filled her nose. When she got far enough in she laid on the board and started paddling. Vince was right behind her. After they got out a good amount she sat up remembering that she didn't have her leg rope on.

"What are you doing?" Vince asked coming up next to her.

"I forgot to put the leg rope on. It makes sure that the board doesn't go away when I wipe out. Also if a wave comes, push your chest up and go into like a plank," she instructed and he nodded smiling at her.

"Go catch a wave or whatever it is you say," he said and she laughed. She paddled out further and did a duck dive under two waves until she waited for one. She smiled when she felt a good wave coming and turned around paddling out. When she could feel it she pushed up to her feet. She smiled and did a snap making a huge spray of water come out from the wave. She moved down and when the wave started to curl she moved to do a tube ride.

Vince perked up when he saw her disappear behind the wave. She squatted down and ran her finger tips in the water. It was so beautiful. She popped out of it only a few seconds before it broke. She laughed and stood up straight on her board falling back into the water. Vince laughed and she popped back up climbing on the board. She paddled over to him and sat up brushing her wet hair back with her hands.

"I missed that," she said with a big smile on her face. Vince had never seen her this happy before and it warmed him.

"You're good at it," he said and she smiled.

"Your turn?" she asked biting her bottom lip and smiling at him. He shook his head and she groaned.

"How about you teach me at the house in Malibu. There we can surf everyday in the backyard," he said and she smiled nodding. That house was going to be so worth it.

"Do you like the furniture in there?" she asked him kicking the water.

"It's really-"

"White. Very white," she said and chuckled nodding his head. They both laughed and she brought her one leg up, tucking it under her.

"I'm giving you free range," he said and she raised her eyebrows. She hadn't been much of a decorator but she did enjoy it. She dipped into the water and climbed back onto the board Vince was on, facing him. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing," she shrugged and he pulled her closer so her legs were on top of his. She leaned forward and pressed a kiss on his lips. He kissed her back and leaned into it but the board tipped over. They both popped up from the water in a huge fit of laughter. "You idiot," she laughed.

"I didn't think that would happen," he answered and shook his hair out. She chuckled and climbed back onto her board. He followed and her jaw dropped when she saw him push himself up. He muscles flexed and water dripped down his body. "You done staring?"