Film Night

"So, how did you meet this chick anyway?" Santana and Rachel were walking through the streets on a warm summer night, and the sun had not yet set over the city, basking them in a warm orange glow. They had just said goodbye to Brittany, who had gone the other direction when they parted outside the bar, and were walking back to their neighbourhood

"Well she's the choreographer of the show"

"Rach, you're in Rent." She smirked "It's just a bunch of freeloading assholes clutching their chests and being dramatic, what choreography is there? " She was proud of Rachel for landing the role of Mimi in the off-broadway production, but that didn't mean she didn't still hate Rent.

"They're not freeloaders, they're bohemians!" Santana snorted and Rachel frowned "And there's the tango Maureen, there's Le Vie Boheme; they both have dancing, so does I'll Cover You, and Mimi is a dancer. Besides, she's an amazing choreographer and dancer, and she's pretty cool, don't you think?"

"Yeah, she's awesome. Really cool..." She nodded and trailed off, and there was a short pause "So are you hot for her or what?"

"What? What are you talking about?" They paused at an ice-cream vendor and ordered one each, and Santana explained as they waited

"Well, she's clearly bi. So, are you hot for her? Coz like, you're kind of gushing right now, and let's face it, Rent's a pretty gay musical. And she's the hot dance teacher. And she's choreographing you're big lesbo dance scene"

"How many times have I told you, I'm not playing either of the lesbians? I'm Mimi!" Rachel handed over the money and he her hand out for the change as Santana rolled her eyes

"And how many times have I told you that I've only seen it once and don't know who that is?"

"She's the dancer addict who falls for Roger!" They stepped away and continued to wander through the streets

"See! Dancer. So youare working with her. And isn't Mimi a stripper? So you're dancing with her half-naked." Santana pointed a finger in the shorter girl's face with a smug expression.

Rachel sighed heavily, rolling her eyes "To answer your question, no I'm not 'hot for her'. Just because you think you live in The L Word, doesn't mean everyone you know is secretly gay. Besides, Tom, the guy playing Mark, is really hot. And so funny. And he's really sweet"

"Oh Jesus, you really weren't gushing, were you? I wanna hurl"

"Nice. But yeah anyway, Brittany's looking for a place to stay during rehearsals so I offered her Mercedes' old room." She shrugged and took another bite "It'll help her out and make the rent so much easier"

"Ironic. So you're going to be living with her?"

"For now" she nodded

"You've only known her like a week, hope she doesn't kill you in your sleep" Santana stared at Rachel with wide eyes and the girl snickered

"Well, she certainly looks the type don't you think?" Rachel deadpanned and Santana chuckled

"Well that's cool. She seems nice." She shrugged.

Santana had met Rachel during their last year of college. Rachel was studying at NYADA, and Santana was studying music at NYU. She was starting to get low on cash, and had resorted to playing the piano for local amateur productions, and this particular job was for Cabaret, where Rachel was playing a chorus girl. They didn't really talk much during the rehearsals at all, but when the bitch playing Sally Bowles dropped out on only the second night, Rachel stepped in as her understudy. They spent a few hours going over the parts with the director and then the two of them went to lunch. They had been friends ever since.