Jaws and Jelly Tots

Santana scowled, lashing out at the alarm clock before it could wake Quinn, and blinked the sleep from her eyes, frowning at the dimly lit room. Memories of the night before rushed back as she propped herself up on one arm, the soft fabric crinkling under her elbow as she yawned, rubbing at her eyes. She was suddenly aware that she hadn't removed her make-up the night before, and probably had panda eyes to rival the World Wildlife Federation, and groaned, whimpering slightly. The room was warm and the air felt thick and sultry, flecks of dust swirling visible in the sunshine, swirling in the air above the bed. She grinned sheepishly at the thought of the previous night's discussion, pulling herself up into a sitting position, crossing her legs and hugging the bedcover around her.

Beside her, Quinn lay peacefully on her front, dimly aware of a shift in the sleeping dynamics. She flung her arm out towards the brunette, feeling around with her hand and finally connecting with Santana's stomach, wrapping her arm around the girl's torso. She shifted onto her side to face the girl, eyes still closed as she tucked her body around Santana's waist and nuzzled her head into the girl's lower back.

"Morning, sleepyhead" Santana murmured through her grin, reaching behind to stroke the blonde's hair, "Sleep well?"

"Better than last night" came Quinn's muffled reply. The blonde yawned, her grip slowly relaxing as she drifted back into her slumber, and Santana smiled and gently took the girl's wrist, sliding out of her grip and further down the bed. She tucked the covers back around the blonde and stretched her legs out in front of her, wiggling her toes before setting her feet down on the wooden boards, stretching as she stood up, suddenly frowning.

"Hey, Quinn?" she whispered, crouching next to the blonde's head, "Q? Sweetie?" the girl didn't reply, and Santana rolled her eyes "Quinn, where's the bathroom?" Nothing. She sighed heavily, cursing under her breath as she stood and crept to the staircase, descending the stairs as quietly as possible and peeking round the wall into the second-floor landing. There were various doors along the hallway, all closed unhelpfully. She bit her lip, weighing up her options, before tiptoeing along the hall, glancing over the banister to the hallway below and tilting her head, listening for any sign of life in the house.

She imagined Quinn's Aunt to still be asleep, because really, how early would she get up if she didn't have anywhere to be? Not 6am, that was for sure. She reached the first door and glanced around again below turning the handle, inching it open to peek into the room, but was greeted with a somewhat messy, but cozy-looking, study. She pulled the door shut again and moved along the hall to the next one, raising an eyebrow as it swung outwards instead of in, but her confusion morphed into triumph as she saw a linen closet behind the door, reaching in for one of the large fluffy towels and closing the door again with a smile. She turned to continue along the hall, but was startled, giving a small shriek as she jumped into the air and clasped a hand over her mouth, her heart racing.

"Sorry, dear. I didn't mean to scare you." The woman chuckled softly as she stepped into the hall. Santana breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of Quinn's aunt, pressing a hand to her chest as she took slow, calming breaths.

"No, I'm, I'm sorry. I, I was just, uh..." she trailed off, all too aware of how she must look, wearing nothing but Quinn's t-shirt and her frilly pants, glancing down quickly and immediately clutching the fluffy towel to her lower body to cover her underwear, blushing furiously.

"The bathroom's just in there." The older woman smiled, her eyes bright with amusement as she gestured to the door between them, her eyes still trained on Santana's bright red face. The girl nodded slowly, her limps clamped together as she bit her inside of her cheeks.

"Th-thank you." She cleared her throat quietly and nodded her gratitude, awkwardly shuffling toward the door. Clara nodded her acknowledgement, walking past Santana to the stairs, turning back to call over her shoulder,