Company

"When did I stop going running?" Santana huffed, staring at the ceiling before yawning widely. Quinn giggled and Santana smiled, feeling the vibrations rumble through the back of her head. They were laid on the floor beside the bed, wrapped up in sheets with Santana's head resting on Quinn's stomach.

"When have you ever gone running?" Quinn smirked, propping herself up on one elbow as she raked her fingers through the brunette's hair,

"Every morning!" Santana replied indignantly, "I used to go for a run every single morning before work, believe it or not."

"Not" Quinn snorted, "Well, you clearly stopped going running when you met me. You can barely keep up these days." She winked cheekily and Santana glowered, placing a hand round the blonde's neck to pull her down into a long kiss until Quinn groaned, "Sweetie, I'm doubled over and my back is breaking."

"Good." Santana glared, before giggling and releasing her grip, "Sorry, my bad."

Quinn sat up once again, clutching the sheet around her chest as she arched her back with a playful grimace, "God when did my hair get so long?" she ran the ends through her fingers, staring down with a thoughtful expression.

"'You clearly stopped getting it cut when you met me.'" Santana parroted in a mimicking voice, and Quinn narrowed her eyes, gently slapping the girl's bare arm. Santana scrunched up her face in a pout, "Ugh, do we have to go tonight?"

"Yes".

"Why?" she sighed, stretching the word into a long whine, "Can't we skip? It can be my early birthday present?"

"No, besides I've already planned your birthday." Santana opened her mouth to speak, eyes wide with excitement, but Quinn shook her head firmly, "And I haven't seen the girls, or Sam, or Puck, in what feels like forever, and its Rachel's celebration night, and it's our first karaoke night in over two months and I'm going and you're going, and you're going to be nice and polite to everyone and we will have fun. Okay?" Quinn smiled sweetly, her head cocked to one side, and Santana lifted her head off the girl's lap, her eyes narrowed dangerously.

"I'll give you two out of three. I can do nice and polite, but I can't promise that extends to Berry." She smirked wickedly and Quinn rolled her eyes with an impatient sigh. Santana grimaced and flopped her head dramatically, dropping back down into Quinn's lap, "Fine. But I'm not buying anybody drinks."

Quinn giggled, shaking her head despairingly, and lifted Santana head off her lap to slide her legs out, "Gee, I can't wait to live with you, Mr Scrooge." She deadpanned, letting the sheets drop down onto Santana as she pulled herself to her feet, "I'm going to take a shower and get ready." Quinn turned to leave the room, stopping to lean on the doorframe and turn back to Santana, still sprawled on the floor, "And I would suggest you do the same."

She quirked an eyebrow cheekily and left the room, wandering down the hall towards the bathroom. Santana paused for a moment, glancing around the room thoughtfully, before smirking and leaping up enthusiastically, chasing down the blonde in the bathroom.

-ooOoo-

"Hey you guys!" Rachel beamed, arms outstretched, as they entered the bar, "God, it's been so long!"

"And yet not long enough." Santana muttered, earning herself a sharp elbow to the ribs as Quinn stepped into Rachel's embrace.

"What up, Sanny?" Brittany grinned as the brunette slid into the booth, "Heard the news?"

"Hey guys. No, what do you mean?" she frowned as the other girls joined them at the table.

"What news?" Quinn asked, and Jess raised an eyebrow, a sly smirk playing on her lips,