Chapter 2. - People lost and found

Word Count: 3333 (hehe)

"Puzzling, this is," the first voice I heard was croaky, coming from my right side. I was lying on my back, I realized. The bed I was tugged in was warm and fuzzy. And there were quiet sounds of beeping machines all around me.

I'm not dead. That was a thought I held on for a second.

"Her former master has just arrived," the other voice was distinctly male, deeper, "After the loss of his other padawan, he was devastated, this just might add more to his shoulders."

"Greet our friend Fisto now, we should," the first voice said. I heard someone getting up and then swoosh of automatic door opening, "Complete scans, meanwhile finish you should." The strangely speaking person instructed someone and then I heard the door shutting again.

"Alright AZI-5, continue with the tissue damage scan," I knew that voice, it sounded familiar. That must have been the mandalorian who found me. Door opened again and I heard another person entering.

"Any improvement?" Different person, same voice. But the diction was slightly different and also the tone. But how was this possible. I focused on my eyelids. They were so heavy, I couldn't open them. Not just yet.

"Still the same, just like the ten times you've asked me before in the last three days," the first man said with a hint of smile, "Which is no surprise with the blood loss. But she lives, thanks to you."

"You know, I would really like to know what happened," the first man sounded as if he was rubbing his face.

"I doubt the generals will share it with us," the second must have been smiling again,"But we won't know anything unless she wakes up." Wake up, that was right. I needed to wake up. I was already up, but my eyes didn't open no matter how hard I tried. I tried to move the fingers of my right hand and felt them trembling slightly on the blanket.

"She moved!" the second person said and I heard someone move hastily towards me, leaning over. I focused more on my fingers and felt them tremble again.

"Step aside," I heard the first voice ordering, "AZI-5 give her something to pull her out of it."

"Yes," a droid's voice. For some reason it frightened me. I felt a cold metal arm on my shoulder and I snapped my eyes open. All I could see was a droid floating over me with a big needle and it startled me so much I gasped for air. Then I realized I had an oxygen mask over my face and an iv cord plugged into my left arm, "There there, this won't hurt a bit," the droid said and moved the needle closer to my arm. I tried to scramble back, away from him, from the needle and whatever was going to inject me, but my body wasn't listening to me yet and I only moved an inch.

"AZI-5 stand down," I wasn't alone with the droid. I looked around for the first time and I saw I was in a rather small room, which was mostly white and blue. I was lying on a bed that was tugged to one of the walls and there were several machines beeping quietly and monitoring my body.

And then there were two men standing each on one side of my bed. They must be twins I figured, because both looked almost identical. Except for the hairstyle and clothes. The one on my left, standing near the medical droid, had a cleanly shaved head with a black tattoo on top and was wearing a light grey uniform, he turned to the medical machines and quickly pushed several buttons. The other man had shortly cut black hair and was wearing all white armour, with his helmet stuck under one of his arms. He was staring at me.

"Everything is alright, my lady," the first one said and I turned my eyes to look back at him, confused at the title he gave me, "You are safe, no need to worry." He leaned forward and put his hand on my shoulder. He was trying to calm me, I realized. I opened my mouth to speak, but only a rasp came out. The medic reached out behind me and pulled the oxygen mask away. I was breathing the clean air now and that made me cough twice, "I need to run some health scans on you and I need to get some equipment," he said, "No need to worry," he added when he saw my eyes widen, "CC-4589 will be here with you," I looked back at the other man, who now stepped closer and smiled at me. CC-4589, didn't they have names? Would you ever call your twin by a number.