Chapter 11. - Everyone has their own nightmares

Word Count: 8027

It all still felt surprisingly new when I walked around the landing platform a full two weeks later. I was sworn into the knight rank the next day after my Trial and now I was following Sinker, who was grinning as a sun, into the ship.

"General!" Corvis saluted me as I entered the ship and I had to laugh.

"It's still me, guys," I patted his shoulder in an attempt to make him a bit more relaxed. It didn't help.

"You're a general now, sir," Sinker reminded me.

"And I was a rookie just a few weeks ago, when I fought with you," I smiled at him as we all walked into the ship's cockpit.

"If I can be honest, general?" Sinker smirked at me and I nodded, "If all rookies fought like you, we would have already won the war." I laughed and sat down onto one of the seats in the pilot cabin, while Corvis started the engine.

I was temporarily assigned to assist master Plo on Ryloth, because there were many cities that needed to be visited and secured and the high council would meanwhile decide what to do with me.

I was glad I was sitting. I haven't slept well tonight. I haven't slept well any night ever since the trial. The pictures still haunted me. I really wanted to focus on the positives, that I got back what formed my personality, but somewhere deep inside I wondered whether the memory loss wasn't actually a gift.

Corvis jumped to the hyperspace and I turned with the chair.

"How does Ryloth look now?" I asked.

"Cloudy, as always," Sinker joked, but I knew he wasn't talking about the weather, "General has been negotiating with local resistance and it's hard. The people don't trust outsiders especially clones."

"I really hope master Secura will be able to return there soon," I've talked with her in the morning before I left for Ryloth and she seemed to be recovering fast.

My former master was now visiting her daily, bringing her fresh fruit and conversing with her. It made me wonder what happened between the two when I was dead. Before I died, they liked working together and were sort of friends. Now the relationship seemed different. Especially from Kit's side. I quietly wondered what happened between them. Aayla always seemed adamant about upholding jedi code.

"Jumping out of hyperspace," Corvis said, pulled the lever and we emerged from the hyperspace right into the middle of a battle. Blasters shooting everywhere and vulture droids flying on top of republic fighters.

Corvis reacted as any good pilot would and pulled our ship up, flying close to one of our own destructors.

"We got three on our tail," he said and turned the ship swiftly to the left.

"On it," Sinker jumped to the weapon systems. I left it to them and reached out for a communication panel.

"Admiral, this is jedi Sharr, what is happening here?" It only took a couple of seconds till I received the answer.

"General Sharr," holographic image of admiral Cobur appeared in front of me, "This was a surprise attack, we have sustained heavy losses and lost all communication with the planet surface."

"Call for help, I believe there are at least two fleets in our proximity," I just said, "We'll try to land," Corvis only nodded in acknowledgement, too busy with flying the ship to respond.

"Copy that, general," were the last words from the admiral and we dived with the ship and were plummeting to the surface. A blast shook the entire ship. That was a direct hit into our shield.