Chapter 10. - Repentance on Coruscant

Word Count: 1862

"We'll be jumping out of the hyperspace, commander," that was sergeant Sinker, who appeared in the med bay several long minutes later.

He shot one look towards master Secura, but then commander Bly started to shake uncontrollably and I jumped up to him to help stabilize him. Sinker was right there by my side, holding him down while I took the safety belts that were connected to the stretcher and tied him with them, so he wouldn't fall off of it.

Just as the ship jumped out of hyperspace I heard a quiet moan from where master Secura was lying. I turned towards her and saw her face twisted in pain. I let Sinker handle Bly and went to tie her with the safety belts too, just in case. I then took her hand into mine again and held it, because that was the only thing I was now able to do.

The commlink on my wrist blinked and I pushed the button to accept the transmission.

"Padawan Sharr," that was the voice of master Windu,"What is the status of master Secura?" he asked.

"She is unconscious, but in pain," I said, scanning her face. She was pale, the beautiful shade of blue she always had now faded to almost grey.

"And her commander?" he asked and made me rethink the first impression I got off him. Maybe he cared about others. In his own way.

"He's got tremors," I replied, "His life functions are unstable."

"Medical teams are already waiting for your landing, they will board the ship and take over both of them once you land," master Windu said, "You get checked up with them and then come to see the council."

"Yes, master," I said and the commlink switched off.

"We're landing," that was Corvis through the ship's intercom and I felt a slight bump when the ship sat down at the landing platform, then the door to the hull hissed open. There were sounds of people and several temple medics entered the med bay at once. Both master Secura and commander Bly apparently had their own team. I stepped aside to let them in.

"This is what was injected into them," I handed the injector that I carried around to one of the staff. He took it carefully and packed it away into a box.

"Thank you, master jedi," he said, "Please follow us." They took both stretchers and made them float out of the ship onto a platform under the shining Coruscant sun.

"We're to return back to Ryloth with the ship," Siker told me, when I was leaving the med bay behind the medical teams, "But if you need anything commander, just shout and we'll come," I saw Corvis standing behind him and nodding in agreement.

"Thank you," I squeezed his shoulder and turned to head outside, full of worry.

The landing platform was floating in the air next to the jedi temple building, positioned neatly near the med bay floor. It must have been prepared just before our arrival, because nothing of that setting seemed familiar to me. But my memory wasn't exactly in a top notch condition.

The stretchers were floated into the medbay and medical droids moved each of the wounded to their separate rooms where each of the teams started to work. The man I handed the injector over to took me to another room and ran a series of med scans all over me.

"You seemed to be okay, but just like the medic stated in his report from Kamino, you're healing at a strange speed," he said, frowning a bit, looking into a file.

"Am I free to go?" I asked, because that wasn't something I wanted to discuss with him. His presence was unnerving me and I had no idea why. The man just nodded and I got up, leaving the room, relieved.