Chapter 6. - Battle of Kamino

Word Count: 3334

I reached my room and went for the nightstand, picking up the comm device and I was about to run from the room. Then I stopped for a moment and reached for my lightsaber, hooking it at my belt, it might as well come in handy, I thought.

But when I turned to leave, I saw a young man standing in the doorway. Jedi master, dressed all in black. The one that stood next to master Kenobi at the debriefing. He was staring at me. I felt my heart racing again, fear pouring into my veins. I needed to pull myself together.

"Hinn," he said, "It's really you," taking a few hesitant steps towards me.

The room spinned and I suddenly wasn't at Kamino anymore. I was at the rooftop of a jedi temple. The sun was shining brightly at Coruscant levels and there were quite a number of ships and hovercrafts flying around. But the sky above the temple was clear, no-flight zone free of any vehicles.

Next to me was a young boy about my age with brown hair. We were both dressed in a similar manner, brown tunics and dark brown leggins. When I turned around I saw my padawan braid was following my movements, my hair otherwise tight in a high ponytail. Short, except for that one strand. We walked over to the edge of the building and I carefully looked down. Deep down inside me I felt a bit of remorse, this wasn't a good idea at all. But we were already here and I wanted to try it.

"We're gonna get in trouble," the boy said, "I can't believe you've talked me into this, Hinn."

"Hinn," a voice pulled me back to reality. I was kneeling in the middle of my room on Kamino, the door to my room was open and the young jedi was crouching in front of me, holding my upper arm and squeezing it softly.

"Ani?" I said and saw a smile spread all over his face, "The scar is new." I added and he chuckled, before letting go of my arm and offering me a hand to pull me up. I took it, still not sure what to think.

"They told me, you don't remember anything," he said, frowning a bit with confusion.

"I just had a flashback," I explained,"I only remember bits and pieces."

"Took you out for a good minute," he said and motioned for me to follow him out the room, "They are waiting for us," he explained quickly, "We can talk along the way."

"We were classmates?" I asked when the door closed behind me and we walked through the corridor, "No, we were friends, weren't we?" I saw him grinning again obviously at happy memories.

"Except for Obi-wan, you're my oldest friend," he answered as we neared the elevator that was going down to the briefing room.

"Oldest friend?" I frowned, not sure what he meant by that. We entered the elevator and it went down quickly.

"Well, when I came to the temple, I was older than most," Anakin explained, "Most other kids didn't want to talk to me," we exited the elevator and turned right, "But when you saw me sitting alone during lunch you came to talk to me. And then every day after that. I was sad, worried about my mother and wanted to be left alone," We stopped in front of the door leading to the briefing room, "But somehow I couldn't get rid of you." He smiled again and this time it was a genuinely happy smile, "I'm really glad, you're not dead."

"I'm glad too," I admitted and as the door opened, I heard him laughing.

"Good that you've kept your personality," he mumbled.

The room was full of clone commanders. I saw one with a distinct yellow stripe over his helmet and moved towards him. Blitz was just showing something on a map to commander Havoc. Anakin moved to Rex and I realized this must be his general. Anakin and general. I let the thought sink in and it still felt somehow out of place. But from their interaction that followed it seemed that Rex values him as a leader. Blitz turned to me.