Chapter 15. - Cold as hell

Hello everyone!

It's been a while and I'm really sorry I wasn't able to update the story. I've been really busy with my work and family. But I'm back to writing now! And I can assure I have the whole story planned out and will definitely finish it.

Also I'd like to apologize in advance for this chapter. It's a little bit more cheesy than I'd like it to be, but I've tried to rewrite it and it didn't help, so here you go :D

Thank you for being patient with me! <3

--------------------------------------

Word Count: 6343

I was woken up by a tremor that shook the whole ship. For a few moments I wasn't able to fully comprehend where I am, my head was dizzy and I felt disoriented. I sat up just as another tremor shook the ship. Blasts, that was what it was, someone was shooting at us. But the tremors weren't right, our shield should have stopped them. These shouldn't be this bad.

I looked around my room automatically. I was alone, but I saw a clone helmet lying on the floor next to a chair with a familiar yellow stripes. That meant Blitz must have left in hurry, leaving it behind.

I got up and off the bed and had to lean towards the opposite wall for a few seconds when my head started to spin and I saw a twinkling before my eyes. When the worst was gone I picked up the helmet and walked towards the door of my room, still holding on the wall.

Everything was spinning, the happy feeling I had before I fell asleep was gone, replaced with a throbbing headache and dizziness that I wasn't able to get rid off. Why didn't they wake me, I thought to myself when I opened the door and stumbled to the hall and over to the elevator and I pushed the button to call it, leaning on the door.

When it opened it held Zany and I fell right into his arms.

"General!" he yelped and caught me, helping me to stand back up and when I wasn't able to stand on my own, he firmly held me under the shoulders.

"Why did nobody wake me?" I asked, trying to blink away the dizziness, "What is going on?"

"It only started a few minutes ago," he said, "I was just going to get you. Damn you look bad, general." He was smiling, but his voice held an undertone of worry and it surprised me all over again, that he cared enough to be worried about me.

"Well, thank you very much," I frowned and rubbed my eyes, which were still showing me twinkles.

The elevator door opened to the bridge and we both walked out of it, Zany still firmly holding me.
"General..." I saw Blitz turning towards us and I felt my head spin badly again when he approached me quickly, taking me over from Zany, "You should've stayed in bed," I heard him mumbling against my ear, so only I could hear when he helped me to walk over to the holotable, "You haven't even slept for two hours..." I handed him his helmet and he took it without hesitation.

"What is going on?" I asked just when the ship trembled again and I had to blink a few times to get the twinkles away again. I leaned over the holotable stabilizing myself against it, but I still felt Blitz's hand on the small of my back, making sure I won't fall to the ground.

"We are being targeted," Admiral Preat's gaze was very firmly piercing me, "There are three dreadnaughts that emerged from the hyperspace about twenty minutes ago."

"Did we get any support from the jedi council?" I asked the obvious and I knew the answer before he replied.

"No," he shook his head, "There's nobody close enough to support us. We are alone in this." Another tremor made the headache beat against my temples..