Chapter 8. - Ryloth

Word Count: 4097

The man standing next to master Plo had a steely glare, stern face and unmistakably commander presence. He introduced himself as Admiral Coburn and we were now standing at the commander bridge of the star destroyer and overlooking the separatists blockade of the planet Ryloth. Somehow my brain knew this was a home planet to Twi'leks and that it was mostly rocky, inhabited by several dangerous species of nonsentients, but I still didn't remember where I learned that information.

"We've lost contact with the ground control about an hour ago," the admiral pointed at the holomap of the planet,"They should be around here."

"We're going to engage with the dreadnoughts," master Plo said, "To draw their attention away from you, Wolffe," something in a way he said his commander's name was soft, paternal,"You'll lead a landing party to deliver supplies and strengthen the offensive forces near the Kala'din city."

"Yes sir, I'll brief my officers," Wolffe saluted and turned to leave the room.

"Wait," master Plo stopped him,"Take Hinn with you, you will need an ambassador down there on the planet." That surprised me. I thought they were going to keep me out of anything.

"Sir, with all due respect for commander Hinn," Wolffe seemed as surprised as me,"She has never been to a battlefield before and she doesn't remember anything useful." He was stating the facts so I stayed quiet.

"Master Kenobi mentioned she was fully capable of holding her own against the Dooku's assassin," master Plo tilted his head a little, "And when we breach the blockade I will be joining you on the planet surface." He added to reassure his commander.

"Yes, sir," Wolffe didn't say anything else but it was clear that he still thinks I shouldn't be there when we both entered the elevator heading down to the main hangar. As it was going down I felt my heart sink. I was heading to warzone, equipped only by a lightsaber and no conscious knowledge at all. I made a mental note to ask master Kenobi to not exaggerate my abilities anymore.

We arrived to the large landing bay and exited the elevator. Clones in armour with grey stipes were running everywhere, some were getting into fighters, others were loading the gunships.

"Sergeant!" Wolffe called and a clone with hair bleached to white ran towards us.

"Sir," he quickly saluted and looked me up and down.

"This is commander Hinnly Sharr," Wolffe pointed at me,"She will be accompanying us to the surface and she will help us during the offensive."

"Yes sir, come with me, to the gunship, commander," I followed him to one of the ships and I saw commander Wolffe boarding another one. It made sense to spread out, just in case the ship would get shot down, but I still couldn't shake the feeling he doesn't want to be around me.

The doors of the gunship closed and I felt it moving. I grabbed on the handle hanging from the ceiling to keep myself standing.

"So, what is your name, sergeant?" I asked the soldier, who was still standing next to me. Once the gunship left the destroyer there was no sound, except for the faint humming of the engines.

"They call me Sinker, sir," the sergeant grinned.

"Can I ask you something, commander?" One of the other troopers in the ship asked.

"You just did," I smiled at him,"But you can ask me anything anytime." That seemed to encourage him a little bit.

"Are you going to be our new commander?" He said and although all of them now wore helmets, I knew they were listening carefully.