Chapter 28. - The swan song of Dathomir

Hello there!

I thoroughly apologize for this being so long, I just don't have any motivation to try and split it into multichapters. :D
Also there is a small cameo of one of my OCs in the end and once I'm finished with Hinn's story I might be exploring hers :)

So happy to see you're still here <3

Word Count: 14582

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cruiser's bridge was a mess. People were running around, doing diagnostics and there were occasional sparks flying from some of the computronic devices. I also saw at least three astromechs that were fixing some leak of fluids from the navigation center.

"Admiral," I acknowledged Pace and Sui with a nod, before heading straight for the older man, who was standing next to a comtable, giving out orders with a calm voice.

"General," he said, "I assume you are the reason we are not completely fried?"

"Basically," I nodded and gave him a short summary of what happened at the science station. In the corner of my eye I saw Blitz briefing a few of the COs and then sending them towards the elevator. They were probably the ones who were supposed to tow the station to Ingenuity.

"We managed to establish communication with the planet," the admiral continued, "For now they don't seem to need our assistance," that was good to hear. It meant that whatever damages caused by the flares, they weren't devastating.

"Did we manage to contact Coruscant yet?" I asked. We needed to touch base with the jedi council, to know if the mission we were originally on was still relevant.

"No and we probably won't be able to do that from here," Admiral Preat shook his head, "The long range transmitter in this system was fried by the solar flares."

"Alright, then we should probably jump to the closest functioning one," I nodded.

"That also won't be possible as of current," he pushed a few buttons to pull up a screen over the comtable, "The flare didn't destroy the ship, but it has fried several important circuits and we need to fix them before we attempt a hyperspace jump."

"I assume you have that under control?" I asked more out of curiosity, I knew the operation was definitely already ongoing.

"There's another thing," He said, nodding towards the comtable. Great, I thought, there was always another thing, "We have received a distress signal on our short range transmitter."

"Distress signal?" I raised one eyebrow and saw Pace with Sui moving towards us, "Some ship in trouble?" I asked.

"Not exactly, general," Pace pushed a few buttons and a file popped up, "It came with some older republic clearance codes."

"How old and who do these belong to?"

"That's it, general," he pushed another button, bringing up a series of numbers and letters, "They are your old clearing codes. Ones you used before you died... or disappeared on Geonosis."

"What?" I looked up at the numbers and just as I recognized the pattern I suddenly wasn't at the bridge anymore.

"Is this all you got from her?" I was laying on my back sprawled on a rock altar. The voice that spoke was old with a noble Coruscant accent. Dooku. I blinked and tried to pull at the restraints that were holding me. There was no use, my ankles and wrists already bloodied from all my previous attempts to get away. I tried to reach out to the force. They removed the force restraining collar, when they brought me here. Maybe if I tried a little harder...