Chapter VII "Dates & Disaster"

Avalea’s and Diana’s double date was in the process of ending to Avalea’s relief. The two men dropped off the two girls at Diana’s apartment and while Diana and Thomas were talking to each other Avalea and James had a conversation of their own.

“This has been surprisingly more pleasant than I originally thought it would be.” James said. “I am in town for a few more days, if you’re open to it, I would like to see you again.”

“That’s very nice, it was a pleasant evening but I think we should leave it at that. Some things didn’t sit right with me tonight, I am sorry.” Avalea said, trying to be as gentle as she could. Throughout the entire evening her mind, for once, had continuously drifted off to what if scenarios about Bill and to add to that James was literally another version of Bill's younger brother Percy, who had never taken a liking to Ava. Throughout the night he had said or done multiple wrong things that did not sit well with Avalea at all.

“That’s not great to hear but I will respect your wishes.” He replied, a little pompous.

“I do wish you a good rest-vacation and hope you enjoy London some more.” Ava smiled lightly while Diana and Thomas parted as well. The two men left and Diana beamed at Avalea.

“Are you going to see him again?” She said beaming.

“Absolutely not. He was pompous and arrogant and boring. You my dear friend owe me. I have no idea what made you think he was my type. I’m going to leave now and relieve Charlie of his babysitting duties.” Ava said sighing and Diana’s excitement dampened slightly.

“Okay. Thank you for giving it a try though. I am sorry it didn’t work out.” Diana said and Avalea hugged her before disapparating home. She landed on her feet in the corridor of her apartment and put down her purse. She walked into the living room where she had heard low voices just to see the muggle TV playing some type of movie. Tonks and her had gotten it shortly after Avalea got the apartment. It was a good way of occupying a little time when she didn’t want to read a book. Charlie was watching it curiously and amazed. Ava sat down next to him on the sofa gaining his attention and removed her heels from her hurting feet with a groan.

“Hey Char, I am so exhausted.” She said leaning her head on his shoulder.

“Hey Ave, how was your date? By the way this muggle gadget is amazing. Hermione called it a TV I think, we watched a movie before the girls went to bed.” Charlie said.

“It wasn’t great, but I have been on worse dates. James was honestly an American Percy, all pompous, arrogant and a little snobby. He ordered for me which you know I hate, pulled a disgusting and disapproving face when I talked about my work and travelling and just some more things I disliked. Plus, my wandering mind didn’t really help.” Ava explained.

“Oh, dear Merlin, another Percy definitely doesn’t sound very enjoyable for you.” He said laughing a little.

“I just want a nice, polite, witty, funny man who can make me laugh but also be serious when needed. Someone I can vent to when I had a bad day or who shares my excitement when I talk about a good one. Someone who likes adventures in his life, who is loyal and spontaneous. Someone who will talk to me about anything, tell me secrets, who can make my heart stop or beat faster, just someone who loves me. Is that too much to ask?” She said sighing and looked towards Charlie who looked at her with a disbelieving look in his face.

“You’re pulling my leg, aren’t you?” He asked in disbelief, knowing exactly who she had just described. Avalea looked confused which made him look shocked yet also amused.

“You do realise you just described Bill, right?” Charlie said starting to laugh at her oblivion. Charlie knew she still had feelings for Bill, even though both were denying it.