Chapter VI "Zoo & a Date"

Chapter VI “Zoo & a Date"

Bill decided to move back to the Burrow for the remainder of his stay. Avalea had picked up Arnica in the afternoon and Bill and Charlie talked to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley about the Zoo visit. Mrs. Weasley only said yes because Ginny kept begging her and Bill and Charlie assured her, they would look after their siblings. Percy didn’t want to join and Arnica asked Ron if he would be fine if Hermione would come. Arnica told her sister he was okay with Hermione coming so she called Hermione asking if she would like to come. Hermione was thrilled at the offer and Avalea talked to her parents and they agreed to let Hermione join the visit. The day of the visit had come and Hermione had stayed over at Avalea’s apartment the night before. After Avalea had told them about her job at the station Hermione read Newt Scamander’s book ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them’ multiple times. She wouldn’t even need the book until her third year if she decided to select that subject but she was curious to read about the creatures, she had told Avalea. She asked her numerous questions at dinner the night before and was really excited which amused Arnica and Avalea. Ava showed her the pictures of the creatures she had found since she started the job, including some pictures of the dragons she took in Romania. Ava, Bill and Charlie had decided to meet up at the Zoo and the girls were still getting ready. Avalea also agreed to Diana’s double date suggestion after she had begged for another five letters. She talked to Charlie about it who had offered to ‘babysit’ Arnica for those couple of hours. They were going to a fancy restaurant in Diagon Alley so Ava had spent the morning trying to pick a dress for the evening. Avalea packed her purse while waiting for her sister and Hermione, just as she was about to call out to them Hermione came out ready to go.

“Ana hurry up. Fred won’t care what you wear.” Ava called and Hermione giggled.

“Fred has been ogling her all school year already even when she wore that hideous Christmas jumper.” Hermione said making Ava laugh. “George said he looks at her like Bill looks at you.” Hermione added. Ava choked on her laugh and started to cough.

“And how exactly does Bill look at me?” Ava asked after she calmed down. She thought a lot about her feelings towards Bill since she noticed the change. Sometimes she could swear she noticed something different in his behaviour as well but then the conversation they had would come back to her mind and she pushed that thought away again. She caught herself wishful thinking sometimes about a relationship, how it could be. After those moments she felt sad when she remembered that he didn’t feel that way about her.

“He looks at you, a lot of times, like a lovesick puppy with a hint of sorrow.” Arnica said walking out to the two dressed in a t-shirt and a pair of jean-shorts like Hermione and Avalea.

“That makes absolutely no sense, Bill doesn’t have romantic feelings for me.” Ava said rolling her eyes at her sister. They finally left the apartment and made their way to the abandoned property where the Zoo was located at. They took the Underground and arrived after 20 minutes on the train. They walked the rest of the way and were already able to see six redheads from a distance. They greeted the redheaded family and Hermione looked a little surprised at the two eldest Weasleys.

“You must be the girl who saved Ronnys arse. I am Charlie and this is Bill.” Charlie introduced himself to Hermione making everyone chuckle except for Ron. Hermione smiled back and shook his hand and then Bill’s.

“Yes, I’m Hermione, nice to meet you. Ron saved us as well though, that was a mad game of chess.” Hermione said making Ron smile proudly.

“Hey Ron have you heard from Harry?” Hermione asked and Ron just shook his head.

“Alright, let’s go in before we attract too much attention from muggles walking past.” Arnica said. To muggles the property looked like a run-down zoo that looked to be out of order but that was just for appearance. The gate had a similar kind of magic barrier like the platform 9 3/4. Arnica went first after looking around to check that no muggle was looking but most of them were too busy with their day to notice. After Arnica walked through Fred and George followed, then Charlie with Ginny, then Ron, Bill, Hermione and at last Avalea who stepped through. Avalea looked at Hermione, Ron, Ginny and the twins who looked around in awe. Bill and Charlie had been to the zoo before and Arnica was used to it, working with Avalea there. It didn’t really resemble muggle Zoos. Muggle Zoos weren’t as big as the Magic one and the animals didn’t have as much room as they did there.