Chapter XII "Christmas Pt. 2 & New Year's"

Chapter XII “Christmas Pt. 2 & New Year’s”

Avalea and Bill apparated to her apartment first thing in the morning with Mushu. They wanted to start packing her things and sort out what she didn’t need anymore before they had to go to her parents’ house for dinner. They started by sorting out things from her bedroom and she threw out what was unnecessary for the move. When they finished sorting out in the living room they moved on to her bedroom. As the time passed, they were reminded to get ready for dinner at her parents’ house. Avalea got ready in record time and started to put on a bit of makeup. When they were ready to leave with a couple minutes to spare she picked up Mushu and then she apparated with Bill to her Parents’ house. They arrived outside the door and knocked. Avalea could see that Bill was nervous.

“You’ll be fine. They like you.” Ava said before the door was opened by Avalea’s mother.

“Avalea, merry Christmas! Oh Bill we haven’t seen you in a while, come in.” Avalea’s mother said while hugging her daughter. She was surprised to see Bill.

“Mum I told you I was bringing him.” Ava said chuckling.

“You did?” She asked her daughter confused. Ava just rolled her eyes as she entered with Bill.

“Hello Mrs Carlisle, nice to see you again.” Bill greeted Avalea’s mother who instead of shaking his hand embraced him in a hug.

“Felias, look who Avalea brought.” Avalea’s mum, Ariana called after she let Bill out of her embrace. Ariana led them into the dining room where Avalea’s father Felias was in the process of setting the table. The Kneazle kitten in Ava's arms suddenly meowed and earned the attention of Ava’s parents.

“Who is that little guy?” Her father asked.

“This is Mushu, I got him yesterday.” Ava said and smiled big. “I’m going to lay out a bowl of water for him, excuse me.” Avalea said and walked to the kitchen for a bowl. She poured water in the bowl and set it down with Mushu where they wouldn’t trip over it. Mushu immediately took a few licks from the water while Ava scratched his head before she left towards the dining room again.

“So how is your family Bill?” Ariana asked smiling.

“They are good. Mum is a bit worried because the majority of my siblings are at Hogwarts at the moment and some chamber has apparently been opened but they’re fine so far.” Bill replied and shrugged his shoulders.

“That chamber has never been found, some even think it doesn’t actually exist.” Felias answered.

“It did kill a student back when it was first opened though. I once talked to Hagrid about it, he was at the school at that time.” Avalea said.

“Well, if it actually exists, I hope they will find it before someone else gets hurt.” Bill replied. They started to eat and kept up conversations. They asked about each other’s work and Ariana and Felias were very interested in Bill’s stories about Egypt.

“I would love to see Egypt someday. It sounds fascinating!” Felias said with a sparkle in his eyes after Bill and his daughter finished a story about her latest visit. Avalea felt this was a good time to tell her parents about her moving plans.

“Maybe we could set something up for Easter or the summer holidays, you could visit us and we could show you around.” Avalea carefully hinted and took a sip of her water.

“Wait, us?” Avalea’s father asked not sure he heard his daughter’s words correctly.

“Yes, I – well we – decided to move in together. I was offered a new position at the new Magic Zoo that is being built in Egypt and I took it. I will move in with Bill shortly after New Year’s.” Avalea said with a big smile. Under the table Bill had grabbed her hand at the beginning of her confession and squeezed it encouragingly.

“That is amazing, we are really happy for you, Ava.” Her mum said while she stood up and hugged her daughter. Her father was still processing all of it and was still sitting speechless, mid bite. Ava and Bill looked at each other communicating with each other without speaking.

Her father finally broke his silence. “Why didn’t you talk to us before you made your decision?” Bill squeezed her hand under the table.

“I am a grown woman dad, I talked it through with my boyfriend in depth and after thinking for a few weeks about it we decided that I would move in with him.” Ava said smiling big. Her mother’s expression turned into a smile and she jumped up and hugged them both, congratulating them.

“I knew you two would end up together, I knew since you two met for the first time. Congratulations, I am so happy for you.” Her mother said hugging her daughter and then Bill.

“Thank you, Mrs Carlisle, that’s very nice of you.” Bill said still nervous about Avalea’s father’s reaction but relieved about how well her mother took it.

“Please Bill, Mrs Carlisle is my mother-in-law, call me Ariana. You’re basically family now.” Ariana grinned and Bill smiled. Ava and Bill felt very happy about Ariana's reaction to the news.

“Thank you, Ariana.” Bill said and hugged her once more.

“Felias! Your daughter just introduced us to the very first boyfriend she ever brought home. Be happy for them, you like the boy, remember?” Ariana scolded her husband.

“Now I’m not so sure anymore if I actually do.” Felias said and looked at Bill sceptically.

“Dad!” Avalea exclaimed.

“Well, I need to know if he treats you right. You deserve the world and more, sweetheart.” Felias told his daughter who started to blush.

“He does have a point Lea. I’d like to think I do, Mr Carlisle. I want to give her the world.” Bill said and smiled at his girlfriend. He was so proud to call her his girlfriend. Ava wrapped her arms around him and pressed a kiss on his lips.

“Alright then, you can call me Felias, Bill.” Her father replied and held out his hand to Bill which he shook. After they finished eating dinner Avalea helped her mum carry the dishes to the kitchen. When Ariana was sure the two men in the other room were occupied and not listening, she looked at her daughter who set down the dishes on the counter.

“Are you absolutely sure you want to move in with Bill?” Ariana asked.

“Yes. I was sceptical at first but it feels right. Something just clicked, it feels like we’ve been together for ages. I am ready and excited. I really hope you and dad are happy for me.” Ava replied with a smile on her lips when she talked about Bill.

“That’s all we want. I always knew you two would get together ever since your teenage years at Hogwarts.” Ariana smiled and hugged her daughter, giving her forehead a kiss. “I also talked to your grandfather and he told me that you went to see him about our secret.” Ariana added, changing the subject.

“I don’t want to keep this from Bill mum. It’s getting serious between us; well it’s always been serious but we both made it clear that we’re all in. However, granddad and I made a deal, if or when Bill and I are getting engaged I will tell him the secret.” Ava said and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“That sounds like a fair deal, that was when I told your father as well.” Ariana explained and rubbed Avalea’s shoulder in comfort with a smile on her lips.

“I guess I am just afraid of his reaction. What if he’s angry that I kept it from him for so long?” Ava asked worried.

“If he loves you and I very much think so, he will understand why you kept it.” Her mother said and hugged her daughter. Ariana could see in her daughter’s expression how much William Weasley meant to her and how much it hurt her to keep this family secret.

“So, you spent Christmas Eve with his parents, how was it?” Ariana asked.

“It went fine until we told them about us being together and moving in together. That’s when Mrs Weasley lost it, she thought Bill got me pregnant.” Avalea replied and rolled her eyes. She told her mum in depth about the evening before and after they exchanged presents. They spent a lovely evening with Avalea’s parents and Mushu found a new friend in Avalea’s father. After hours had passed and it got later Bill, Avalea and Mushu disapparated to her apartment.

********************************

A week had passed and it was finally New Year’s Eve. Avalea and Bill invited their whole friend group to their annual New Year’s celebration. Ever since they all left Hogwarts and started their jobs their New Year’s party was the only one where everyone of their group could make it. As a farewell Avalea decided to invite everyone to what was for one more night her apartment. Avalea’s and Bill's friends except for Charlie didn’t know yet about their relationship or about her moving plans and they wanted to tell them that evening. Ava was sure that they would be happy for them. Diana and Charlie had already arrived and they were talking with Bill and Avalea. The next to arrive was Tonks, who clumsily apparated into the apartment and nearly fell in the process.

“Tonks, are you alright?” Ava asked while Charlie moved towards her to help her up with a small laugh hinting at the corner of his mouth.

“Yes I'm fine. Wotcher Avalea, Charlie, Diana, Bill. So only the twins missing huh?” Tonks replied. Everyone nodded with a small smirk. Lavea and Leo were always late to everything. Avalea got Tonks something to drink and the group conversed while waiting for the remaining two of the group. They started to talk about the current events in their lives until they finally heard a ruckus from the fireplace simultaneously as a crack. Leo had apparated and at the same time Lavea, his sister, had taken the way by floo. Lavea hated apparating and avoided it whenever she could. Ever since she got splintered when she took her first apparating test she hated it.

“Bloody hell finally, I am starving!” Charlie exclaimed.

“You ate right before you got here Char!” Ava laughed.

“You know how hungry I always am Ava.” Charlie said.

“Well, all those muscles had to come from somewhere, didn’t they?” Tonks joked. Avalea went to get her friends some drinks while they joined the conversation. Bill went to help her and took the pizza breads out to the living room while Ava got the drinks. They began to eat while talking and laughing and drinking. After everyone was full and a little tipsy, they brought out the muggle board and card games Tonks and Diana had brought into the group. Their favourites to play were Splat, Phase 10 and Cards Against Humanity and newly Cluedo and games like Scrabble, Monopoly, or Ludo were rarely played because it always ended in fights and discussions. Splat for the muggles was played with playdough as play pawns but they charmed the game with a little magic and their Potion skills and made something similar to that because the play dough from the game was only meant for four players but the group were six. They started with Phase 10 and played through their collection until they finished with Cards Against Humanity shortly before midnight. Everyone had won at least one game once so it went quite good for the six. With only about 15 minutes to midnight they all packed up the games, grabbed their drinks and went outside of the apartment to watch the fireworks.

“How are we going to tell them about us?” Bill asked Avalea while he put his arm around her waist and crossed his fingers over her stomach so that her back was to his chest. They hinted all throughout the evening at their relationship but were never really able to say it. They waited for the rest time to pass as Avalea thought about possible ways to tell their friends about their relationship. She couldn’t come up with anything though so she decided to just surprise them by kissing him at midnight. Avalea drifted off into her thoughts while she waited. She was thinking about her feelings towards Bill and how they would be living together soon. Her feelings had grown so much that she thought she was ready to tell him she loved him but as usual she was overthinking everything. What if she told him but he wasn’t at that stage yet? She was scared that he didn’t love her back. Her friends starting the countdown broke her out of her thoughts and she decided she would tell him when she felt it was right.

“Maybe we should just kiss at midnight and they will get the hint then.” Avalea said.

“9!” Her friends exclaimed.

“That’s one way to tell them I guess.” Bill smiled at her.

“7!”

“Let’s do it, let’s shock them.” Bill then said into her ear.

“5!”

“I’m excited to move in with you.” Ava said and Bill gave her a little kiss in return on her neck.

“3!”

“Me too, Lea.” Bill whispered and hugged her closer.

“2!”

Their smiles grew, the closer they got to midnight and suddenly Ava had all the courage she needed. “I love you, William Weasley.” Avalea said bravely and turned to look at him.

“1!”

His face, initially visibly shocked, turned into an even bigger smile.

“Happy New Year!”

While their friends cheered and the fireworks started Avalea had turned towards Bill who pressed his lips on hers for a New Year’s kiss full of emotion from her confession. Tonks was the first of their friends who saw the kiss and started cheering like a maniac which drew the group’s attention to their two friends kissing. Only Charlie didn’t cheer but wore a big smile since he had known since Christmas.

“I love you too, Avalea Carlisle.” Bill said to Ava with the biggest smile on his face. Ava smiled big as well and kissed him once more.

“Merlin’s beard! What is happening?” Leo asked shocked. Bill and Avalea pulled apart only a moment later and looked at their friends with big smiles on their faces.

“Lea and I have been together since August but we were hesitant to tell anyone about it, because we wanted to see where it would lead us.” Bill said smiling big. Avalea smiled lovingly at him and pressed her lips against his in another emotional kiss while their friends celebrated and cheered. The group watched the fireworks for a little while longer until Bill and Avalea were pulled by their friends back into Ava’s apartment. They were begging to hear the details of how it happened. Ava and Bill started to tell their story and Leo, Lavea, Tonks and Diana were listening excitedly.  Since Charlie knew the story, he just watched the situation and for his brother and Ava to drop the other bomb. After Avalea and Bill finished, they looked at each other and silently communicated about dropping the other bomb.

“Well, there is something else.” Avalea started and was met with curious faces. “I got a promotion offer to be Co-chief of a new sanctuary that is in the process of being built...” She was interrupted with cheers and congratulations from their friends. Avalea waited a little and then continued. “...In Egypt. I will be moving in with Will in Egypt tomorrow.” She finished with a big smile on her face. Leo, Lavea, Diana and Tonks took a little to let it sink in before they started to cheer and celebrate the new occasion besides the new year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, here you have another chapter. I hope you like it. Please leave a comment and a like.

Also what is your guess why Mrs Weasley doesn't like Avalea, do you have an idea?