Chapter XV "Tombs"

Chapter XV “Tombs”

The creatures in the sanctuary had been the number one subject at Bill and Avalea’s house for at least a couple of days. Ava and her mother cooked a great meal for everyone each evening while the others talked about the creatures and other plans for Egypt.

“Oh can we please go to a market or somewhere? I still have to get something for Fred & George’s birthday.” Arnica exclaimed.

“Sure we can do that, I bet his dear brothers here also don’t have presents for them yet.” Tonks smirked and Charlie and Bill avoided eye contact.

“It’s actually quite difficult to get them presents that they like. I thought about giving them each one potion of Felix Felicis but I know I can get a better present.” Arnica said.

“You will, we’ll help.” Ariana told her daughter.

“Well if you guys are interested I could show you the tombs we’ve been working on and the Pyramids. It’s perfectly safe and I cleared it all up with my boss.” Bill suggested and the teenage girls immediately perked up at the mention.

“After that we can get presents for the twins.” Bill added and everyone was immediately on board. The decision was made to visit Bill’s workplace on their last day in Egypt and to see a few sights that they hadn’t seen yet before they would all leave the next morning. Everyone quickly got ready after breakfast and they made the journey to the tombs, the muggle way since nearly half of the group were underage. Everyone was astonished after they arrived at the tombs.

“This is so fascinating Bill.” Hermione said with a look of utter amazement on her face. Bill led them inside the tombs and showed them the artefacts him and his colleagues were working on.

“For your safety, please don’t touch anything. On a lot of artefacts here the curse is not yet broken.” Bill said. He held Avalea protectively in his arms while leading the rest of the group through the tombs. He thought of a small artefact with a very harmless curse on it and while everyone stood at a distance, he said the spell to break the curse from the vase and a bright light appeared until it disappeared again a moment later.

“There you go, this was a very easy one. Now you can touch the vase.” Bill said. The tour through the Tombs was over faster than they knew and everyone left the tombs after Bill demonstrated a little more of his work. Even when they safely exited the tombs Bill was still holding Avalea protectively in his arms which did not go unnoticed by her parents. Avalea however didn’t notice at all and the group moved on to the Pyramids that weren’t too far away.

“I love how happy you get when talking about your work Will. You light up like a child on Christmas.” Ava told her boyfriend and gave him a quick kiss.

“Not as much as when I see you happy, my love.” He replied which made Ava smile. They moved onto the next agenda for the day, tourist sights. They visited Giza Necropolis where the Pyramids and the Sphinx were and then they moved on to the Valley of Kings and Queens. They ended their day by getting birthday gifts for the twins. Charlie, Bill, Avalea and Arnica decided to chip in together and get Fred & George the same Quidditch brooms that Arnica bought herself before the term started. Arnica was ecstatic that she indeed found a great gift for the twins and was quite sure they would be happy to receive new brooms. While Arnica wasn’t paying attention Avalea and her parents got gifts for Arnica herself whose birthday was at the end of the month. After that they went home and Avalea and Bill made dinner. Leo and Tonks sadly already had to leave that evening instead of the morning so the two started their goodbyes after dinner.  Just as they were about to disapparate an owl flew into the window, hooting. Bill walked over to the owl and took the letter from its beak.