Chapter XIX "Family Secrets"

Chapter XIX “Family Secrets”

“My real name is Avalea Osane Sophia Phoenix Dumbledore.” Avalea said and felt like something was lifted off her chest. Bill was speechlessly staring at the photo.

“My grandmother’s name was Alethea Honoria Sophia Scamander. Her younger brothers are Theseus and Newton Scamander. My grandparents went to Hogwarts together and became friends although they were in different houses. The women right there is Tina, Newt's wife, that one is their son and his wife and the baby in their arms is their son Rolf. Theseus never married, my grandmother said he couldn’t after he lost his fiancée in the fight against Grindelwald.” Avalea explained.

“H-How is that possible? Rumours went around that- Isn’t he gay?” He asked.

“That’s where I’m not very clear either but as far as I know he is, he never said anything about it and neither did my grandmother. None of them talked about how my mother came to be, maybe my grandmother wanted a family and my grandfather helped her with that. I don’t think about that a lot honestly my mum was just a blessing in whatever form since the Dumbledore line was only able to continue with her.” Avalea explained.

“I’m going to need a moment to process this. My wife-to-be is related to Albus Dumbledore and Newt Scamander.” Bill said still processing and staring at the photo.

“That sounds like you still want to marry me which makes me happy.” Avalea said.

“Of course I do, I’m not going to change my mind based on who you’re related to.” He said, looking incredulous at his fiancée. Avalea let out the breath she held in. Bill put down the photo and diverted his full attention to Ava. He took her hands in his and looked her in the eyes.

“Nothing will ever make me not want to marry you, love. I am head over heels for you Avalea Car- Dumbledore. I will just need a bit of time to adjust.” Bill said, Avalea smiled and kissed him.

“I’m glad this didn’t change your mind.” Avalea said. “I feared your reaction if I’m quite honest. I love you Will and soon you’ll officially meet my whole family. However you can’t tell anyone, none of your siblings or your parents.” Avalea said.

“I don’t really understand why though.” Bill said.

“My grandfather and my parents believe that Voldemort is going to come back and the only one he fears is my grandfather. When Voldemort comes back his goal will be to defeat Harry Potter and to kill grandad so if he knew that there were other Dumbledores he might want to kill us all. Who knows we might have children by then and I will want to protect them with everything I got.” Avalea said.

“As will I of course, it makes sense. It’s not going to be easy not telling anyone but I won’t say anything.” Bill replied. “I’m wondering though how we’ll explain him and Theseus and Newt Scamander with his family at our wedding. You do want them at our wedding, correct?” Bill added.

“Of course, we’ll have to talk with grandad about that but it might not be too bad if we reveal that I am related to the Scamanders. I was hoping to invite Uncle Aberforth though, him and grandad will be more difficult I’m afraid.” Avalea explained.

“Aberforth, I think I read or heard the name before, Professor Dumbledore’s brother isn’t he?” Bill said and Avalea nodded in reply.

“They haven’t been on very good terms since their sister and mother died in magical accidents. He named my mother after her, Ariana. Might have been my grandmother’s idea though. She tried to reunite them, which sadly didn’t work.” Avalea explained.

“Okay wedding planning aside, what is the plan with the Erumpents?” Bill asked.

“I’d say we get Khari's health up and see if Etana and him get along once he’s gotten comfortable and if all goes well we find them a good place and maybe other Erumpents to live with.” Avalea explained.