Chapter X "Secret Visit"

Chapter X “Secret Visit”

The end of the summer holidays had come and it was time for Arnica and her friends to return to Hogwarts. They had arrived at the platform a few moments ago and Avalea helped her sister get her trunk onto the train. Arnica’s friend Lyra, her friend Cedric and Cassius had gotten a completely empty compartment. They walked back outside and to the sisters' surprise they saw their parents.

“Mum, Dad, you made it!” Arnica exclaimed and ran up to them hugging her parents. Ava followed.

“Hello Arnica, hello Avalea we’re so glad we made it back in time. How was your summer?” Their mother, Ariana, asked.

“Did you have fun spending your summer with your sister?” Their father, Felias, added.

“Yes it was great but we missed you.” Arnica said hugging them again.

“We spent some quality sister time together.” Ava said smiling towards Arnica. “How was your summer? Was it productive?” Avalea asked her parents and they nodded smiling. She hugged them right after Arnica.

“How is grandad?” Avalea asked.

“He is fine, we're supposed to give you his regards. He said he will spend Christmas with us.” Her mother replied and hugged her eldest daughter. It was nearly 11 so Arnica said goodbye to her parents and her sister and walked with her friends back onto the train.

“How would you like to come over for dinner tonight?” Ava's father offered her.

“I’d like that, I will bring photos of the creatures I helped.” Avalea said, smiling proudly. As the clock struck 11, the train honked one more time and then left the station.

“Do you want me to bring anything Mum? For dinner I mean?” Avalea asked but her mother just shook her head.

“Just yourself sweetheart.” She replied and together they walked out of the station. They passed Mr and Mrs Weasley and Avalea greeted them with a smile and they gave a quick greeting back. They parted for now and Avalea went back to her apartment. Entering her apartment, she found Azure hooting at the window, waiting impatiently to be let in. She opened it and took the letter off of his leg. She opened the letter while giving Azure some owl treats. She immediately recognized the handwriting; it was from Bill.

Dear Lea,
I miss you a lot and I thought about your last letter telling me you have the weekend off. I know Arnica is leaving for Hogwarts tomorrow so I thought maybe you would like to visit this following weekend? I really want to see you and I am working overtime this week so I’ll have time off this weekend. Think about it, I would love to see you again.

Your Bill

Avalea swooned at the end and her heart ached a little. It already felt like ages since she saw him when in reality it had barely been two weeks. She didn’t think for very long before she wrote a reply, saying she would love to visit. She attached it to Azure’s leg when she was finished and he hooted and flew off. She felt excited to see Bill again. She couldn’t quite grasp the fact though that they were dating, Bill Weasley was her boyfriend. She occasionally had to repeat that in her head to remind her. She went to prepare for dinner with her parents and also prepared early arrangements for her visit to Egypt.

           ****************************

The week had passed, slower than expected but Thursday had come. Avalea told her parents she would visit Bill for the weekend and they didn’t think anything of it because they knew Ava was friends with him. She had apparated to his house with her little weekend bag and knocked on the door. Only a couple of seconds passed until the door was ripped open and Avalea immediately felt arms embracing her. She hugged him back and murmured in his neck: “I missed you.”