Chapter XVI "Release"

Chapter XVI “Release”

Without Bill by her side, Avalea was restless and woke up and dozed off nearly every hour. At nearly half past 3 she gave up and took a book with her into the kitchen. She turned on the kettle and sat down at the counter and read her book. When the kettle was finished, she poured herself a tea as it was too early for coffee and continued her book. She sat there for a few hours until she heard someone come downstairs. Mrs Weasley entered the kitchen, surprised that somebody was already awake.

"Oh Avalea, I didn't expect to see you awake this early." She spoke.

"Without Bill by my side and with all this worry I couldn't sleep so I gave up the effort sometime after three o'clock." Avalea told her, a little taken aback by Mrs Weasley's friendliness. "It astonishes me how dependent we are of each other after only a few months of living together." Ava added while she prepared coffee and the kettle.

"That's what love is. Arthur and I also moved in together quite early in our relationship and got pretty dependent of each other." She started and sighed before she continued to speak while Avalea made her tea. "I am sorry Avalea. I didn't treat you like I should have. Yesterday made it clear to me that I have been unfair to you and that you honestly love Bill."

"I'm sorry that you doubted me but I can assure you that I love Will like I have never loved anyone before. I am however still wondering why you dislike me so much." Avalea said.

"I remember from your time in Hogwarts that at some point both of my sons had a crush on you and to me it looked like you were playing with them both, that's one reason."

"I figured you would think that, I have only been made aware of this, last summer when I visited Charlie and Bill for work. What you don't know though is that at the same time as their crushes, I had a crush on Will. However, I never had romantic feelings for Charlie and we're both on the same page, Charlie is like a brother to me." Avalea told her.

"I'm still counting down until you're going to be my real sister." Charlie said smirking as he came into the kitchen.

"You really need to calm your imagination. Will and I have only been dating for a few months. Engagement is still far away. I don't even think it struck his mind yet." Avalea replied. Mrs Weasley and Charlie who knew differently only smiled a little. With a daughter-in-law like Avalea Mrs Weasley could call herself lucky, it just took her a little while longer to realise that.

"Again, I'm sorry Avalea, I hope we can move past my indifference. We will be very lucky when you officially become a part of the family." Mrs Weasley said and Avalea was touched yet taken aback.

"Thank you, Mrs Weasley, I'd like that very much." Avalea said.

"Call me Molly dear." Molly smiled back. Avalea soon finished breakfast and shortly after Mr Weasley came down the stairs into the kitchen. Avalea gave him a tea and continued making breakfast. Molly helped with breakfast as much as Ava let her. Ava finished soon after, packed up the waffles she made for Bill in a container because she knew he hated hospital food. After that she sat down with Charlie, Molly and Arthur and ate breakfast before they all got ready to go to the hospital. While Molly, Charlie and Avalea went to Bill in the hospital, Arthur had to go to work. They arrived at St Anat hospital and went directly to Bill's room. They saw him sitting up in bed as they entered.

"Good morning, how are you feeling?" Avalea asked him as she came in.

"Bored out of my mind. Where's dad?" Bill asked.

"He's sorry but he had to go to work, he'll see you later." Molly said.

"I got you breakfast because I know you dislike hospital food and I brought some card games." Avalea said as she took out the container and gave it to Bill.

"You're a godsend, I love you Lea." Bill said and kissed her.

"How are your bones dear?" His mother asked him.

"Much better, just a little sore." Bill replied. He ate the waffles Avalea made and groaned at the taste. "These are amazing, thank you love." He said. Ava smiled and gave his cheek a peck.

"Did a healer talk to you this morning already?" Avalea asked.

Bill shook his head and swallowed before he replied. "No not yet."

"Then someone will probably be in soon." Molly said.

"I hope I can go home today I could barely sleep." Bill said.

"Avalea here couldn't either. I found her with a coffee in the kitchen at nearly 6 am." Molly told her son.

"I couldn't sleep without you next to me." Avalea told her boyfriend in a whisper tone. Bill smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her to him. She leaned in a little more and they kissed, only for a brief moment. Avalea felt great about her new starting relationship with Molly although she still felt weird using her first name but she wanted to pace herself with kissing Bill in front of his or her parents.

"How about we start to play a round of that game?" Molly asked. Ava helped Bill sit up and they sat around the table that was standing in the corner of the hospital room. They all sat down around it and Ava took out Skip Bo which they played on their new years parties a lot. She prepared the card decks for everyone while she explained the game to Molly.

"The goal of the game is to play all the cards from your deck with help from the cards on your hand. There can't be more than 5 cards on your hand and when you finish your round you have to lay a card down in front of you." Ava explained.

"Sounds easy enough, let's play." Molly said and they started the game. Charlie and Avalea were in the lead in the beginning but Molly caught up throughout the game and won in the end, Avalea close behind. They played another round before the healer came in. Bill went to his bed and the healer examined him.

"Perfect Mr Weasley, I would definitely describe your injuries as healed enough to go home and after this week you can even go back to work, if you promise to take it slow." The healer told him after he finished examining him.

"No heavy lifting Mr Weasley and this week the only thing you are allowed to do is rest. We will prescribe you a potion that will help you heal, you can get it at your nearest apothecary."

"We will make sure he follows your instructions." Molly said. Avalea and Molly sent Charlie home to get Bill some clothes while they all organised Bill's release. Charlie returned not even half an hour later with clothes that he gave his brother. Bill went to change into his clothes in the bathroom and walked back out again after he was finished.

"Alright I'm done, let's go home." Bill said more than ready to leave the hospital.

"We still need to wait for the healer to bring your release forms and your prescription." Avalea said with the hint of a laugh on her lips. She was relieved that he was doing so much better. Bill sat back down again while they waited for the healer. Marik soon entered the room again with two sheets of paper. Bill signed the release form and Marik gave him the prescription. Marik talked a little more and advised Bill what to do and not to do before he said goodbye and left. They got ready to leave after they made sure they had everything. They apparated home, Bill hanging on to Avalea.

“Home, Sweet Home.” Bill said as Avalea helped him sit down on the sofa. Mrs Weasley had left towards her room and Charlie had left to check on the Mama dragon and her egg. Avalea kissed Bill for a moment.

“I’m so glad you’re back home. You scared me.” Avalea said as she pulled away. Bill pulled her body on the sofa next to him while wrapping his arms around her.

“I’m here and I’m fine. You can’t get rid of me that easy.” Bill said smirking.

“I love you.” Avalea replied and kissed him one more time before she got up and turned the TV on. They watched TV for a while until they fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys I'm sorry this is so late but this chapter really kept me up. Plus I just started a new job but I hope you like it. Leave a comment and a vote if you do and have a great weekend.