Chapter XXI "Weasley's First Day in Egypt"

Chapter XXI “Weasley’s First Day in Egypt”

Avalea awoke in Bill's arms and cuddled more into him since she didn’t want to get up. She looked at the alarm clock on Bill’s nightstand and knew she had to get up to make breakfast.

“No not yet, stay with me for a bit longer.” Bill said sleepily when Avalea tried to get out of his embrace and out of bed.

“We need to feed the hungry Weasley teenagers.” Avalea replied sleepily. Bill kissed Avalea and pulled her into his arms. They stayed in bed for a little while longer before they both got out of bed and started to get dressed. Avalea quickly took her potion that she had to take everyday to not get pregnant and got dressed in some shorts and a top instead of putting her nightdress back on. They made the bed and walked downstairs to find Charlie already doing breakfast.

“Good morning, Charlie. Didn’t expect you to be awake already.” Avalea said.

“Morning.”, added Bill with a yawn.

“Morning.” Charlie said smirking at the two lovebirds. Avalea and Bill had no idea how he knew but Charlie knew what happened the night before. Avalea started to blush and went to help Charlie with breakfast. After everyone pitched in they finished the breakfast buffet soon after. Perfectly on time the first Weasleys were awake and on their way to the table. Molly, Arthur and Percy sat down at the counter.

“Good morning.” Avalea, Bill and Charlie greeted in unison. Arthur and Molly repeated it with the same enthusiasm and Percy grumbled it back, not being fully awake yet.

“Do you want juice, tea, cocoa or coffee? We have orange, apple and pumpkin juice, fruit teas and black teas.” Avalea asked after she took a sip from her coffee. “I can’t make it through a day without coffee, if you ask me the best thing the muggles invented.” She said and Arthur lightened up.

“Oh, I think I’ll try coffee.” Arthur said and Molly went for some tea while Percy wanted pumpkin juice. Avalea poured Arthur some coffee while Bill prepared the juice for his brother and the tea for his mother. Ava set some milk and sugar next to Arthur’s coffee.

“I like mine with milk and sugar, you should try yours and mix it like you want it.” Avalea explained. Ginny came down next and Bill made her some tea. After a while Percy went up to wake Arnica and his brothers so the breakfast wouldn’t get cold.

“This coffee is delicious.” Arthur said while everyone ate their breakfast. They were interrupted by Suma and Azure tapping their beaks on the window and hooting. Bill, who sat closest to the window opened it and let the birds in. Bill took the letter from Suma and gave it to Charlie when he saw his name sprawled on the envelope. Avalea took the letter from Azure and saw that it was from her parents so she opened it up and read the letter. They wrote about the family day which they would hold towards the end of the summer break at Ava’s grandmother’s house in Ireland. She showed Bill the letter and then set it aside while they finished their breakfast. Avalea was the first to finish and stood up.

“I’m really sorry but I have to take off to work. We have some very sick creatures that were rescued barely a week ago and we have to nurse them back to health. I will have time for a tour later this afternoon if you’re finished with everything Bill has planned for you.” Avalea explained and Charlie was about to say something but Ava cut him off.

“Don’t worry Charlie, I will take good care of Valeria and her egg. You will be the first to know if anything happens.” She said with a reassuring smile, gave Bill a kiss and wished them all fun after she told Arnica to behave before she disapparated with Mushu in her arms. Since he was still so young she took him with her to work sometimes. She appeared in her office and laid Mushu in his bed there before she filled his bowls with food and water. The first creature she checked on was Valeria and her egg who was still asleep and the egg still hadn’t hatched. Then she checked on the recently rescued Wampus Cat who shared a compound with Cato. Cato still kept his distance while he still kept an eye on her. She entered the compound and as soon as Cato saw Avalea he trotted happily towards her. Ava pet him and checked for any injuries while she asked him if Wilma was alright. She walked a little closer to get a better look at Wilma but not too close to make the creature mistrustful. She also asked her if she was alright in her special way and only got the answer of hunger back. Avalea left the compound again to start the feeding time. The first employees had started as well and she met Tia who just started to prepare the meals so she started to help. She put the medicine into the meals for the creatures who needed it. After they prepared everything Tia and her enchanted the food to go to their respective creatures and she went to check on the other creatures before she returned to her office. She played a little with Mushu who woke up while she was gone and became a little restless. Before Ava knew it Tia came into her office and told her Bill and his family arrived and she got up to give them a tour.