Chapter IV "Girls night"

Chapter IV Girls night

Arnica had been staying with her sister for almost a week and really enjoyed her summer job at the Magic Zoo so far. She had met Ms. Gideon and she saw creatures she only ever read about. The Wampus Cat was one of the ones that had her absolutely gobsmacked. It was the night of Avalea's girl's night, Arnica had been dying to show her and Tonks what she had just recently been able to do. Arnica discovered she was a metamorphmagus just like Tonks. She hadn't told anybody yet. Diana had already arrived and had a conversation with Arnica about school and her teachers. They heard another pop which probably meant another of Avalea's friends had just arrived. Avalea walked out of the room towards the pop sound and greeted her friend Tonks.

"Am I late? I'm sorry I forgot something and had to go back." Tonks said.

"It's fine, Lavea isn't here yet either." Ava replied. Tonks had brought some wine for the girls and gave it to Avalea.

"Great minds think alike." Avalea said and placed the wine in the fridge. "Diana brought some firewhisky and Arnica and I bought some butterbeer and firewhisky as well." She added chuckling. Tonks hung up her jacket and followed Ava into the living room where Diana and Arnica were already sat around talking. The two finished their conversation while Ava and Tonks sat down on the couch.

"Now that Tonks arrived, I have something to show you." Arnica said standing up. She concentrated on her hair and suddenly the gorgeous dark waves of almost black hair turned a light blonde and then changed to a green colour.

"Oh my, you're a metamorphmagus too!" Tonks exclaimed.

"When did you find out?" Ava asked.

"Wait it gets better!" Arnica said and concentrated again, she closed her eyes and suddenly her face changed into fur, as well as her body and before they could actually reciprocate what was happening, in the place where Arnica had stood just a few seconds ago was a brown almost black cat with the same piercing blue eyes that Arnica had.

"Wicked!" Tonks said. Arnica changed back to her normal form and Avalea sat there speechless. Tonks and Arnica started animatedly talking about their shared gene. Avalea was pulled out of her shock by a pop followed by a familiar voice.

"I'm so sorry, I got off later than expected. We had a horrible case of dragon pox." Lavea called, came into the living room hugging her friends and placed a bottle of wine on the table. The whole group started laughing.

"By Merlin's beard, you're all going to get alcohol poisoning!" Arnica said shaking her head. Lavea had shrugged her robe off and sat down next to Diana on the couch. They talked about what they would like to eat and decided on Chinese takeout. Avalea got the brochure from her favourite Chinese place and they discussed who would like to eat what. Avalea got to show off her telephone when she ordered the loads of food. She went into the kitchen with Tonks and prepared her friends' drinks. Tonks prepared a butterbeer for Arnica while Avalea opened a bottle of wine and took out some of her wine glasses.

"I love the telephone Tonks. I don't really have a lot of people to talk to though because barely anyone else has one. I even gave our number to this muggleborn first year who befriended Bill's and Charlie's brother Ron. I don't even think she's friends with Arnica."

"But that was sweet, I mean I didn't grow up muggleborn, because my mother was a Black but I can imagine how alone they feel when they first start. They probably don't even have an owl and not their own way of communicating because only a few select wizards have muggle items such as telephones. I bet she appreciated it, has she called yet?" Tonks said making Avalea feel better about her decision.

"I don't know, but I don't think she did." Ava replied. They took the drinks to the other girls and talked about Arnica's school year. Arnica talked about the adventure Harry Potter had in his first year, well the things she had heard from the gossiping kids and Fred and George's version. They all talked about their teachers, mostly ranking their various Defence Against the Dark Arts teachers, which they all had a lot of.