Chapter XVII "Greece"

Chapter XVII “Greece”

Bill recovered quickly and his parents left after another night. The situation at Hogwarts had gotten worse again. The chamber situation had calmed down over the Easter break but gotten worse after school started again.  Avalea had apparated to her parents house for dinner one night. Bill sadly couldn’t join, he had returned to work a couple of weeks ago and had to catch up on work. He was still working on the artefact that sent him in the hospital as well as the ring. Both artefacts turned out to be quite difficult and kept him and his colleagues on their toes. Charlie was still staying with Bill and Avalea to help take care of the dragon. He was currently helping her with a beast that was too close to a muggle town in Greece. They were on their way to a portkey that would bring them to Greece. Since Charlie was a Dragonologist he might not be of much help but he had insisted to help her since he didn’t want her to go alone. Arriving at the portkey they took hold of it and seconds later they were transported to Greece. They were met with a man with brunette hair from the ministry of Magic of Greece.

“Hello my name is Costa and I work for the ministry, I was send to escort you to your hotel.” The man introduced himself with a strong accent, never taking his eye off Avalea.

“It’s nice to meet you Costa, I’m Avalea, Chief of the Magic Zoo and care sanctuary for magical creatures in Egypt.” She introduced herself with a smile.

“My name is Charlie, I’m here to assist and help her.” Charlie introduced himself and raised an eyebrow at Costa. Costa led Avalea and Charlie to their hotel while explaining the situation with the creature.

“We are not sure what beast it is. We haven’t seen it yet.” Costa told Avalea.

“I prefer the term creatures if you don’t mind, it’s a much nicer and respectful word.” Ava explained just as they arrived at the hotel. Charlie noticed the looks Costa gave Ava although she remained oblivious to his apparent interest. She thanked Costa and said goodbye so her and Charlie could check in and get settled before going off to look for the creature. She went ahead inside while Charlie stayed put.

“She’s taken.” Charlie said before he took his leave. He went inside after Avalea who stood at the check-in.

“You and Mr Weasley are staying in room 328.” The receptionist said. Ava and Charlie went off to their room and opened it with the key the receptionist gave them. The room had two single beds and a little table in the corner. Charlie and Ava unpacked a little before Ava sat down at the table and wrote a letter to Bill, telling him they arrived safely. While she was writing the letter Azure arrived with a letter attached to his leg. Shortly after Suma arrived at the window as well with a letter from Bill. She first opened the one from Arnica and read what she wrote.

Dear Ava,
another student has been petrified and I thought I should let you know that it was Hermione. She was in the library and on her way back to the Common room she came across the monster. The Professors still don’t know who opened the chamber, where it is or what exactly the monster is. Professor Dumbledore has been removed as the headmaster and Hagrid has been sent to Azkaban. They actually believe it was Hagrid. Professor Sprout is working hard on the Mandrakes who will be able to cure the students when they’re grown. Lyra, Cassius and I are helping where we can but you know my talent for Herbology isn’t as great as mum’s.
I hope you are well, Mum and Dad told me you went to Greece with Charlie for a creature, I can’t wait to hear all about it in the summer holidays. Greetings to Charlie, his siblings are doing fine.

Love, Arnica

Avalea exclaimed profanities in every language she knew.

“Ave what’s wrong?” Charlie asked. She gave him the letter and moved to open Bill’s letter. He wrote that he got a letter from his parents informing him of the same happenings. Avalea added some lines to her letter to Bill before she sealed it and attached it to Suma's leg. Suma didn’t wait long and started to fly away.