Chapter XIV "Easter"

Chapter XIV “Easter"

Time flew by fast and yet also not fast enough. The attacks at Hogwarts had stopped now towards the Easter break and quite a few students decided to go home over the holidays. The Weasleys had declined the invitation from Avalea and Bill. The kids all wanted to stay at Hogwarts and Mr Weasley couldn’t get any time off work but had asked if they could move it to the summer holidays and maybe visit then which Bill seemed quite happy about. Avalea’s parents and sister however had accepted the invitation as well as all their friends, although not all of them could stay for more than a day. Professor Dumbledore and McGonagall had been very happy to hear from Avalea and had agreed to come for the day as well. Hagrid on the other hand had been ecstatic at the invitation and agreed to come as well, he would join the two Professors and come for the day. Arnica had also asked if she could bring a couple of friends and Avalea had sent her back a yes but a request to the exact count and who exactly. The long-awaited time had finally come and the Easter weekend had arrived, Avalea and Bill had magically expanded the house and added a few temporary extra rooms. They had also, just to be extra prepared, in case anyone wanted to stay unplanned set up a magical tent in the garden. They were waiting for their stay over guests to arrive just as an owl tapped its beak at the window behind them. Bill went to open it and took the letter from the owl and gave them a treat.

“It’s for you.” Bill said and handed Ava the letter. She opened it and flew over it quickly in search of the sender.

“It’s from Hagrid saying that Professor Kettleburn would like to join them.” Ava said and thought how to send a reply back. The owl wouldn’t make it in time so she decided to leave the message by floo network. She took a handful of powder in her hand and called out Hagrid's Hut before pushing her head through. She suddenly heard fearful barking before Hagrid called out in his thick accent for Fang to shut up. He appeared at the fireplace and needed a minute to recognise who the face in the fire belonged to.

“Hello Hagrid, it’s me Avalea. I just got your letter and I knew the owl wouldn’t arrive fast enough. Of course, Professor Kettleburn is welcome to come as well, would you tell him?”

“Oi Avalea, o' course I’ll tell him. We’ll be there tomorrow right on time. Professor Dumbledore prepared a portkey for tomorrow.” Hagrid replied.

“Then we’ll see you tomorrow. I have to go now though; my parents and Arnica are about to arrive. Have a good evening, Hagrid.”

“Good evenin’ Avalea.” He said happily and Avalea pulled her head out of the fireplace and patted the left-over soot off. She turned around and saw Bill standing behind her with Charlie, both smiling at her.

“Charlie, you’re earlier than you said.” Avalea said and hugged him. After Charlie arrived and Bill had prepared some tea the other guests started to arrive one by one. Next came Tonks, then Arnica and Ava’s parents with Arnica’s friends and the last one to arrive was Leo. The rest would come the next day for the main event. They ate dinner and talked about the excitement of seeing all these creatures.

“We have a lot more creatures now than in London. Some were thought to be extinct. You’ll be blown away tomorrow.” Avalea teased. Charlie piped up at Ava’s words and smiled.

“You’re getting me all excited, stop it.” Charlie said which made Avalea and Bill laugh.

“Which of the creatures from London came with you?” Hermione asked.

“Cato the Wampus cat is here, as well as Valene the Fwooper after all I caught her here, the Diricawl and her chicks and then mostly just new ones.” Ava replied.

“Well since you all aren’t staying that long I also set aside a day to show you the pyramids where I work, if you are interested in that.” Bill said and smiled. Hermione’s and Arnica’s eyes got really big.