Chapter XIII "New Beginnings"

Chapter XIII “New Beginnings”

Avalea and Bill settled into their new shared home quite nicely. They were so comfortable around each other as if they had been living together for years. The new sanctuary was coming along quite well even though they had a few hold ups. Some compounds were finished but Avalea didn’t want to put creatures in them while they were still building a big portion of it so she talked to Paige about holding off on the transfer for a couple of weeks. She had just woken up and it took a moment for realisation to hit her but as soon as it did, she smelled the distant smell of eggs in a pan. She slowly got out of bed and without checking her clothes she left Bill’s and her bedroom and made her way to the kitchen. The weather change took a toll on her so even though it was winter it was still quite warm in Egypt so her night clothes consisted of a night dress she had in multiple colours. Usually, before she would make her way out of the bedroom she would change into different clothes, more covering clothes. However, on that particular day she didn’t and made her way into the kitchen, in just her dark green night dress that ended only shortly under her bum. Bill hummed while he finished their breakfast and prepared to wake his girlfriend up. Just then he noticed light footsteps and turned his head to the source. Ava reached him just as he served the breakfast on plates when his head turned to hers. He set down the plate and wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

“Good morning, love.” He said and leaned in to kiss her but she pulled away.

“No, I have morning breath, let me get some coffee first.” Avalea said but Bill pulled her back to him and smiled.

“I don’t care." He whispered and moved his lips to hers for a loving kiss. Ava smiled into the kiss and after a little bit of kissing they pulled apart to catch their breath. Ava moved away from Bill towards the coffee maker and leaned up to the cupboard where they kept the mugs. Ava was quite tall, taller than Tonks, Diana and Lavea but she was missing a few inches to reach her mug on the top shelf so she stood on the tips of her toes and in the process her night dress rode up a little and Bill who only just noticed her choice of clothing for the morning nearly choked on his tea, shocked and with eyes that were the size of the moon. Ava got her mug and turned around at the noise that Bill made to see him wide eyed and coughing.

“Are you okay?” Avalea asked him and Bill set his tea down to get control of his coughs. He just nodded while embracing her from behind and whispered in her ear. “You look breath-taking.” Ava, who didn’t quite understand why he would say that when she literally just came out of bed, finally looked down her body and realized that she didn’t change. Her eyes got wide but before she could sprint to get changed Bill turned her towards him and held her. He kissed her again which made her calm down again.

“I'm sorry, I forgot to change.” Ava said and tried to get out of Bill’s embrace again to proceed to the bedroom and change but Bill kept his hold on Avalea’s hips. He pulled her close again and pressed his lips on hers again.

“Don’t apologise for that, you look beautiful and sexy.” He said and Ava raised an eyebrow at him.

“Sexy huh. Never used that word before.” She said and kissed him.

“I definitely should say it more often then. I love you, my sexy girlfriend.” Bill said and kissed Ava one more time before she said the same words back again and pulled away from him to get a coffee. She got her coffee and started to sip from it and Bill just smiled at her.

“What’s the plan for today then? We’re both off work.” Bill asked while they both started to eat their breakfast.

“We could go out and do something or just stay in and relax?” Avalea asked.

“I am so exhausted honestly. I vote for a day in but if you want to go somewhere, I will go with you gladly.” Bill said and held her hand.

“No, I don’t want to go out either, a day in sounds great. We can watch all the films we planned to watch.” Ava said and they finished eating breakfast. They put the dishes in the sink and walked over to the couch.

“Which one should we see first?” Bill asked.

“I want to start with The Breakfast Club. You will like this one, I promise.” Avalea said while she put in the movie. She sat down next to him on the couch just as the movie started. The Breakfast Club was one of her favourite films that she had seen. Bill was enjoying the movie a lot and after it finished Avalea decided for Bill to choose a film. He chose the Goonies, he put it into the VHS player and returned to cuddle his girlfriend on the couch as the movie started. Towards the end of the movie Bill started to lean towards Ava a little more and connected their lips. He really enjoyed times like these with Avalea when it was just the two of them. In those moments he knew he was going to marry this woman and he looked forward to the time when he could finally call her his wife. Their kisses turned into a make out session just as they heard the music for the end credits playing. All of a sudden there were a few cracks almost at the same time while Bill and Ava still made out. She shrieked and Bill gasped and his instinct was to cover his only lightly clothed girlfriend with the blanket that was next to him. Much to Ava’s and Bill’s surprise, Charlie, Tonks and Diana had apparated into their house.

“Surprise!” they all yelled.

“We’re here for a surprise housewarming get together.” Diana said, holding a plant.

“Looks like we came at a bad time.” Charlie laughed. Ava blushed but pushed the blanket off of herself and walked to their room to change into normal clothes. She got dressed quickly and was on her way out to the living room when Bill came in and changed as well. She entered the living room dressed in shorts and a top and started to talk to her friends who all had gotten some drinks from Bill.

“How has it been living in Egypt so far?” Tonks asked.

“Well the heat is still taking some getting used to but other than that good. The sanctuary still needs a couple weeks of work but I bet when I finally have a regular job we will get the hang of it quickly.” Ava said smiling, just as Bill came back dressed.

“It’s been really great having her here. I love living with her.” Bill added, smiled and kissed Avalea’s temple.

“I do too. Some may say it’s early but I love living together.” She replied also with a big smile.
“I think the only person who doesn’t like you two living together is our mother.” Charlie replied and rolled his eyes.

“She got an Ultimatum, so I hope she takes to heart what I told her.” Bill said with a stern look. At his words Avalea perked up and looked at her boyfriend in shock.

“You gave her what?” She shrieked.

“I gave her an Ultimatum, I told her to start being nice to you or I will remove myself from their lives.” Bill said nonchalant.

“You would actually do that?” Charlie asked, equally shocked.

“I would never let that happen however mean to me she is.” Ava said. “I will not be the reason for your jeopardised relationship with your mother!”

“It is already strained though, because I can’t take her criticism and hateful words against you anymore. I’m sick of it.”

“I would never ask you to cut your mum or anyone of your family out and I will never let it happen. At some point I might snap back at her but that’s it.” Ava said.

“You should.” Charlie said sipping his drink.

“If I were you, I would have snapped at her ages ago already.” Tonks said and sipped her drink.

“The next time we see her I will talk to her. Maybe she will tell me what she has against me.” Avalea said and sighed. They spent the day talking, laughing and ended it by watching a movie before Charlie, Diana and Tonks left again. Avalea decided to get started on the invitations to the big opening of the sanctuary during the Easter break and started writing the letters. The first one she wrote to her parents and the second one to Bill’s parents. Just as she finished writing the letter to the Weasleys Bill came in with a frown and a letter in his hand.

“Will, what’s going on?” Ava asked him.

“Mum sent a letter, more Muggleborns have been petrified.” Bill said and looked over her shoulder at the letter.

“Let me just add a reply on another page and then you can send it off with Errol, he’s still here.” Just then they heard Errol hoot through the house. He wrote on another page a reply to his mum’s letter and then added it to the invitation while Avalea wrote another one.

“I’ll write Arnica one, will you write to your brothers and Ginny?” Ava asked and Bill nodded.

“Sure but first things first, Errol needs a head start.” He said and gave the letter for his mum and dad to Errol who hooted and flew off. Bill sat down with Avalea and started writing a letter to his siblings at Hogwarts asking if they were doing fine, if they looked out for Ginny enough and to invite them over Easter for the big opening. After they were finished they send their letters off with their owls and relaxed for the remainder of their afternoon. When the time came they made dinner and ate. Over the days after they discussed the Easter visit some more and the sleeping situation, seeing as the house wasn’t big enough for Avalea’s parents, Bill’s parents and all their siblings to stay there along with their friends.

“We could either set up a tent or we settle them all into hotels?” Avalea began. “Or a very crazy idea would be if we expanded the house with some magic and make more room?” Avalea added.

“The last option sounds the least expensive but imagine both of our families under one roof, it would be crazy.” Bill said.

“Let’s agree on looking into hotels for now but we’ll decide when we get the replies back and know who exactly is going to come.” Avalea said.

“That sounds like a plan, why worry when we don’t even know who is actually going to come.” Bill said, smiled and kissed his girlfriend. They were going to wait until they received letters from their families if they would come. Avalea had two more letters which she attached to the one she wrote to her sister, one to Hagrid and one to Dumbledore and McGonagall. They were both her favourite teachers at Hogwarts and Hagrid loved magical creatures so she knew he would be ecstatic to see the new sanctuary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Update Day! I hope you like it. And please leave a vote and your feedback here. The next one will be Easter.