Chapter XX "Arrival in Egypt"

Chapter XX “Arrival in Egypt”

Everyone sat at the table and ate while Avalea and Tonks sat closest to the grill since they were the two designated grill people. Arthur was fascinated with the muggle item and asked Diana who sat closer than Avalea what it is and the use of it. Bill already took up his family’s bags and put them into rooms.

“Mom, dad please can I stay and when the Weasleys leave I will too.” Arnica pleaded. She had been at it for about an hour.

“If it’s okay with your sister then it’s okay with us but she might not have room for you.” Ariana said.

“If you’re alright to bunk with Ginny then it’s absolutely fine if you stayed.” Bill said after he overheard Arnica and her mother. Just as he said that Ginny and Arnica grinned at each other.

“I don’t mind. It will be cool not to be so outnumbered by all my brothers.” Ginny added. “Well I always wanted a big brother but all I got was a little sister.” Avalea said and grinned in Arnica’s direction who just stuck her tongue out at her sister.

“A little sister would be much cooler but I think that chance is gone.” Ginny said.

“It’s not really worth the hype to be honest.” Ron murmured but everyone heard and chuckled a bit. As most of them finished their meal Avalea and Bill shared a look and just nodded and Ava took a deep breath and Bill took her hand in his.

“Well we have some news.” Avalea started to say.

“A few weeks ago on our adventure I asked Lea to marry me.” Bill continued with a smile on his face.

“And I said yes. We’re getting married.” Avalea finished also with a smile as she looked to Bill and they shared a kiss as their friends started to cheer. Ginny joined in to cheer and stood up to hug Ava and her brother.

“Yes, I’m going to have a sister!” Ginny exclaimed and Avalea chuckled and returned the hug. Soon after the others followed and congratulated them as well. Ariana embraced her daughter and then her soon to be son-in-law.

“Congratulations and welcome to the family Bill.” Ariana and Felias said.

“Congratulations you two.” Molly and Arthur followed as well as the other boys except for Percy.

“Welcome to the Weasley family Avalea.” Arthur added. Molly, Ginny, Ariana, Arnica, Tonks, Lavea and Diana crowded around Ava and looked at the ring.

“It’s gorgeous, Bill did good.” Lavea said when they finished their ring inspection. Bill came up to her and embraced her from behind.

“Did you set a date?” Arnica asked.

“Well we want a date in April in the Easter break but we haven’t decided on a specific date yet." Avalea explained.

“Maybe if Fred and George would be okay with it we’ll take April 2nd.” Bill suggested.

“Only if we get an extra cake at the wedding for us.” Fred said.

“Maybe we should rather go for a date in the week. I don’t want to take the twin’s birthday from them and since Friday 1st is still school they deserve a party on Saturday plus I kinda like the date April 4th, 1994.” Avalea threw in.

“Sounds good and easy to remember, I like it.” Bill said.

“Wonderful, then save the date everyone.” Avalea smiled and kissed Bill. Bill and Avalea talked about the wedding and some details, for example where they would hold it, etc. The most difficult conversation was the bridal party. For Bill there was no other possibility than Charlie as a Best Man and he wanted Leo and his brothers as his Groomsmen but for Avalea the question of who would be her maid of honour wasn’t so easily answered. Avalea was torn between Tonks and Arnica, the other one was supposed to be a bridesmaid as well as Ginny, Diana and Lavea. She planned to talk with Arnica about it and hoped she’d be okay if she decided to go with Tonks. They spent the evening all hanging out and Arthur inquired all about the grill and how Avalea got it. Avalea’s Kneazle kitten occasionally came out as well although there were way too many humans for his liking running around. Arnica who hadn’t met Mushu was smitten and adored the little one. Bill and Avalea’s friends said goodbye at a certain time since most of them had work the next day. Tonks and the other two girls planned to go dress shopping with Avalea for the wedding at some point in the weeks or months to come. Soon after Avalea’s parents decided to head home and to send Arnica a few things for her stay. Avalea went to show everyone the house and their rooms.