20 - I Don't Know Where Home is Anymore

The week of New Years came and went. Cory spent most if it trying to get all of her over due work done. By January 2nd, she'd finished, much to her relief. She had a few days left of her break and she'd get to spent them not worrying about her school work.

Mandy nearly burst into flames when she saw the ring on Cory's hand. Cory did explain that it wasn't what she thought, but that didn't stop Mandy's excitement. Eventually, Cory took Mandy into the back room and they squealed in excitement together.

You can probably imagine what Valentine's Day was like...

x

"Oh, fuck, Cory..." Chris moans as he quickly thrusts in and out of her.

"Oh God, faster! Agh, Chris!" Cory yells, throwing her head back and bucking her hips into his.

The room smelled of sex. Hell, you could practically taste it. Chris' hands went down to Cory's ass and gave it a nice squeeze before his hands wandered the rest of her body.

They turned over so that Cory was now on top. She put her hands on Chris' chest for balance, then resumed rolling her hips into his, riding him. Cory let out a long moan and threw her head back. Hickies were already forming on her neck, and in other places...

"Ohh, fuck, ride me baby. God, Cory..."

Cory began moving faster, wanting more friction, to the point where she was practically jumping up and down on Chris, leaving claw marks on his chest. Chris flips them over so that he was once again on top. He leaned down and bit on her ear before whispering into it.

"Scream my name. Cum for me, baby girl."

Cory's walls began to close in around him and she knew she was close. Chris was close as well.

"Oh God! Chriiiss!" Cory yells, drawing out his name as she reached her climax.

"Good girl." Chris purrs, continuing to thrust into her, "Fuck..." He moans as he too began to orgasm.

They both flopped down on the bed, exhausted. Cory cuddled up next to Chris and smiled. This was her first Valentine's Day in a relationship, and she wouldn't want to be spending it any other way.

x

They had to get the sex in while they still could. Chris was leaving in a few days for the Beyond the Barricade Tour. They needed to spend as much time together as they could before it was time for Chris to leave.

When Cory started school again, she was all caught up with her work. However, none of the hurtful comments about her and Chris had changed. It was sometimes very difficult, but Cory was almost always able to let the comments roll of her back now. It didn't matter what anyone thought of her. She was happy, and that was all that mattered.

Since Cory was back in school now, she didn't have as much time to sing in the cafe as she used to. So she made time every Saturday to do it. It wasn't even for the great tips she got anymore; it was because she loved it. Chris came with her every week he was home to watch her. He loved watching her sing. She was amazing at it. Their friends came a couple times as well and they all enjoyed it. Cory was a great performer. The pack of goths all got some pretty interesting stares in the cafe, but they were all used to it.

Now, Cory was getting her things ready for school as Chris was packing up any last minute things he needed for tour. This was always the hardest part, saying goodbye. It was the part that neither of them liked.

"Have everything you need?" Cory asks.

Chris nods. He steps forward toward her.

"You sure?" Cory asks.

"Yes, honey." Chris says before kissing her.

Cory wraps her arms around Chris' neck, almost instinctivly now, and stands on the tips of her toes. She'd miss this. They both would.

"They come apart and Chris looks down into Cory's bright green eyes."

"I love you." He says.

"I love you too...I'll miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too, baby." Chris says before chastely kissing her again.

They come apart and Cory sighs, "I've gotta go. I'm gonna be late if I don't."

Chris nods, "I'll call you when I can."

Cory nods in return. There's a small pause. Cory stands on her toes and quickly kisses Chris' cheek one last time, then turns and walks off. She didn't want Chris to see her upset. Cory walked out of the house with tears running down her face.

x

Cory walked into the house after school that day and was greeted by a very happy Wednesday. Hell, there was hardly a time when that dog wasn't happy. Cory smiled at her, but the smile quickly faded. The house was empty of the one thing that Cory really wanted: Chris. She supposed she'd have to get used to the lifestyle of a rock star's girlfriend.

Cory refilled Wednesday's food and water bowls, then sat down and started on her homework. She started to think about how different her life was now. She sometimes felt like she should still be walking from school back to her studio apartment to await Cole. Sometimes she even felt like she should be picked up from school by her parents.

Cory remembered when she found out her parents wre dead. Cory had walked home from school that day. Twenty minutes later, she picked Cole up from the bus stop. She was only sixteen at the time, and he was only seven. They went home. A while later, after their parents still hadn't returned home, they began to grow worried. And then the police showed up.

The rest is history.

That night, the bed felt cold without Chris in it, laying next to Cory. Cory had had a long day with school and work though, and she was ready to rest. Wednesday hopped up on the bed, as usual. This time, however, she cuddled up next to Cory and whimpered. Cory sighed and pet the small dog.

"Yeah. I miss him too." Cory sighs.

A/N: Okay this was laaaame. But the next chapter is REALLY important. Something totally unexpected and twisted happens and you guys are gonna hate me and love me for it at the same time and it's gonna be awesome.

OH MY GOD. So on Saturday I finished planning a certain sequel to a certain story *wink**wink**nudge**nudge* and for those of you that have read the first story, you will LOVE IT.

Chapter Title From: Burned at Both Ends by MIW

QOTD: Who was the first band/singer you saw in concert? Mine was One Direction...I was thirteen, don't judge me, haha.

xoxo, Scissorhands.