26 - Forever and Always

"Call me when you land."

"I will."

There's a pause, then Cory picks up her things. She shares one last glance with Chris, then turns around and heads to check-in. Chris watches, his heart breaking with each step Cory took away from him.

As he watched, Cory suddenly stopped.

What was it? Did she forget something? Or was she...?

Cory then kept going.

Chris took a shaky breath, then decided he couldn't watch anymore. He turned around so that he didn't have to see Cory disappear. And literally just as he was about to walk out of the airport...

"Chris, wait!"

Chris turned around to see Cory running to him. She jumps into his arms and wraps her arms around his neck, beginning to sob. Chris holds her close to him, confused. He rubbed circles on her back and tried to console her. Cory breaks the embrace.

"I can't do it."

Chris' eyes widen, "What? What are you talking about?" He asks.

"I can't do it, Chris. I love you too much. I can't leave you."

"But, Cory, the school -"

"There will be other schools, Chris."

"But this is such a big opportunity for you. This scholarship -"

"There'll be other opportunities, other scholarships...But there's no other you."

Chris just stares at her, his head swimming, "Are you sure about this?"

"More sure than I've ever been of anything in my entire life." Cory confirms, "I love you, Christopher Cerulli."

A smile creeps its way across Chris' face, "I love you too...Corianne Cerulli."

Cory smiles, then stands on her tiptoes and kisses her new husband. This felt right. This was the way it was supposed to be. As their lips danced across each other, they knew that this was how everything was supposed to be. This was it. And they couldn't ask for anything more.

x

Chris' fingers traced random patterns on Cory's back, along her butterfly tattoos. He couldn't believe that she had chosen to stay with him, but he was absolutely overjoyed about it. He didn't know how he was going to survive with her being so far the way all the time. Sure, she was far away from him when he was on tour, but at least when she was in Pennsylvania, Chris knew that he'd see her the second he got home. That was what he always looked forward to the most; and now, he'd have it forever. His beautiful new wife lay next to him, smiling up at him.

"I love you." She whispers.

"I love you too." Chris says, smiling.

"Have you told anyone that I decided to stay yet?"

"No, not yet. I wanted to have you to myself for a while."

Cory gives a small laugh, "God, how are we gonna tell them we eloped last night? How do you think they'll react?"

"Well, let's find out." Chris says, reaching for his phone.

"What are you doing?"

"Telling the guys and Mandy to meet at Balz's shop."

x

Cory and Chris walked into The Strange and Unusual. The guys and Mandy were all there, talking amungst each other. It was almost like any other day.