11 - You are All That I Have Left

Chris wakes up the next morning to find that Cory is not next to him. He blinks himself awake, then stands and stretches. He walks into the kitchen and quickly feeds Wednesday, then gazes out the window. And that was how he found Cory.

Chris walks outside where Cory was sitting on the front steps. She turns around and looks up at him.

"Hey."

"Hey." Chris repeats, sitting next to her. He sees three Hot Topic bags next to her, "Did Mandy drop those off for you?"

"Yeah. She came about an hour ago and I didn't want to wake you. We talked a bit, and...cried some too. After she left I just stayed out here...thinking."

Chris nods and takes her hand.

"God, this sucks." Cory says, "I know out of all of the things I could say to describe this situation, that's a little odd but...it really does suck. I mean I was so looking forward to yesterday and now..."

Chris wraps his tattooed arms around her as more tears began to run down her pale face. Cory lay her head on his shoulder. She was at least glad that he was here for her.

"I was really looking forward to yesterday too." Chris says, "I've never been so excited so some home from tour before; knowing that I'd get to see you and hold you and kiss you as soon as I got back."

"But you didn't kiss me." Cory points out.

"That's because yesterday was...a disaster." Chris says, "You had more important things to focus on. It just didn't seem...appropriate."

"Always such a gentleman."

"I try." Chris says. He kisses the top of her head, "You hungry?"

"No."

"Okay, but you've gotta eat something today."

"Yes, Mom."

Chris gives a small smile, but it quickly fades, "What do you want to do today? What can I do to make you feel better?"

Cory paused, not moving from his shoulder, "This is fine."

"What is?"

"This. Just...being with you. Just talking to you."

The sun then came out from the clouds and shone very brightly.

"Well that killed the mood." Cory deadpans.

"I can fix that." Chris says. He stands and scoops Cory up bridal style. He walks inside with her and kicks the door shut behind him.

"What are you doing?" Cory asks.

Chris doesn't answer. He just carries Cory into the bedroom and lays her down on the bed. He then goes over and closes the curtains on the windows. Then he crawls into bed next to Cory. She takes off her glasses and sets them on the night stand, then turns to face Chris again. Wednesday hops up onto the foot of the bed.

"How well can you see without your glasses?" Chris wonders.

"Well, I'm near-sighted, so I can see you alright. I can't really see anything more than arm's length away though. Wednesday looks like a big blurry white blob."

They lay in silence a moment, studying each other.

"You look so different without your makeup." Cory states.

"You do too...You're so...beautiful."

Cory gives a sad smile, "Cole used to always tell me I didn't need makeup." She says before beginning to tear up again.

Chris hugs her close to him and strokes her hair. He wasn't sure how he could make her feel better. Her little brother died yesterday. What do say to someone when that happens?

"I've lost everything." Cory whispers through tears.

Chris breaks the embrace and looks down into Cory's eyes, "No you haven't." Chris says, "You've still got me."

Cory pauses, "How's this gonna work? Me staying here? I mean how long...?"

"It'll work however you want." Chris says, "I mean if you'd feel more comfortable staying with Mandy or looking for your own place again, that's absolutely okay. But I personally love the idea of you staying here; knowing that I can hold you, that I get to crawl into bed with you when I come home from tour in the middle of the night, that I can kiss you whenever I want."

"You know, you keep talking about how much you want to kiss me, and you haven't done it yet." Cory points out.

"Are you implying that you want me to?"

"Maybe."

"Well, if you insist." Chris says jokingly...

But he then quickly grows serious. His eyes gaze into Cory's bright green ones. He brushed a strand of hair out of her face and cups her cheek with a tattooed hand. Cory grew very sincere as well, hypnotized by Chris' gaze. Chris took a moment to look at the details of Cory's face and her body. She really was the most beautiful girl he'd ever laid his eyes on. He didn't understand how it was possible for someone to be as beautiful as Cory was inside and out.

Cory inhaled sharply as Chris pressed his forehead to hers. She was beginning to crave everything about him more and more. His voice, his hands, his touch.

Finally, their eyes slowly closed and Chris' lips lightly brushed against hers before he finally kissed her. His hands went to her torso and pulled her closer to him as their lips danced against each other's. Cory wrapped her arms around his tattooed neck as they began to kiss harder. Their tongues lightly traced each other and Cory lightly tugged on one of Chris' lip rings with her teeth.

They come apart to breathe. Chris rested his forehead on hers as they breathed heavily. Cory looked up and let her eyes meet his.

"Definitely worth the wait." She says.

Chris gives a small smile, "Would it be just ludicrous if we just...made out, like all day?"

"Most people would probably think so." Cory says, "Lucky for you, I'm not like most people...I want to take a break from being sad for a few hours. Just for a little while. I've got days, weeks, years to cry over my brother. But I know that these next few days are going to be the hardest...I just don't want to think about anything right now...And I know that you can give me that."

Chris nods, then leans in and resumes kissing her.

A/N: Now in how many stories does someone die or something horrible happens and the main characters end up fucking or something? Its stupid, isnt it?! When my aunt died I cried for a week and my mom completely shut down. What Ive written is NOT what people do when a loved one dies. Yes there is such a thing as finding comfort in each other but come on. That kind of stuff is what I'm trying to acknowledge with this story. Does that make sense?

Okay so things here are certainly getting interesting...What do you guys think?

I heard Ryan and Allie broke up :( now I know it's none of my business so I'm not gonna butt into their personal life or anything but dang it I have sequels planned and all of these break-ups are screwing them up lol. Okay that was kinda mean but it's not like I'm saying it TO them. It was a joke, get over it.

I also found out that Josh (Korel) 's brother died :( so a lot of sad MIW related things this weekend I guess.

Chapter Title From: Billy in 4C Never Saw it Coming by MIW. I want SO BADLY to know where that song title comes from...

Anyway. Leave me some nice comments and votes :)

xoxo, Scissorhands.