9 - Until Your Heart Caves In

Cory walked into her apartment after school. She took her shoes and hung up her jacket, then sat on her bed and got started on her homework. Luckily, she didn't have that much to do.

About a half an hour later, Cory was finished with her homework and Cole returned home from school.

"Hey." He greets.

"Hey." Cory repeats. She sat on her bed, gently strumming her guitar, "How was school?"

"Good."

"Homework?"

"Yeah, but not much. Just spelling and social studies."

"Need any help?"

"I don't think so." Cole says, going into the 'kitchen' and grabbing an apple. He then goes over an sits on his bed.

"So...Only four more days 'til Chris gets back. You know what that means." Cole teases before beginning to make kissy faces.

"Shut up!"

"C'mon! All I've heard you and Mandy talk about on the phone about for weeks now is that you finally get to kiss Chris! I'm surprised it took you two this long though."

"Cole, stop!" Cory wines.

"You want some cheese with that wine?" Cole asks, sarcastically.

"Hardy har har." Cory deadpans, "Get your homework done."

x

Cory walked into Starbucks at her normal time and then stepped into line.

"Cory?"

Cory turns around to face the female voice that had called her name.

"Wow. Three for three." Cory states.

"I know I should've done this weeks ago," Jenny starts, "I just never had the time or the right things to say, but...I just wanted to apologize."

"For...?"

"Butting in on you and Chris. Your relationship is none of my business, and it wasn't cool of me to do what I did. I was just looking out for my big brother, and for you too. The idea of Chris having feelings for a girl that I used to babysit and whom he used to refer to as 'Squirt' is a little odd to me, but still isn't any of my business, especially with how happy Chris gets whenever he talks about you."

Cory smiles, "Thank you. I appreciate you saying that. Chris and I aren't 'together' per-se...we're just sort of...I'm not sure, really." She laughs.

"Well, whatever happens with you guys, I hope there isn't any hard feelings between you and me."

"Oh, no, of course not. We're totally fine." Cory says.

Jenny nods, "I like what you've done with your hair; the black and red."

"Oh, thank you."

"How's your brother? Cole, right?"

"Yeah. He's doing really well, thank you."

"Good. I'm glad you guys are doing alright."

They grab what they need, then they say their goodbyes and head their separate ways. As Cory walks, her phone rings. She answers it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hey, you."

Cory laughs, "Hey, you." She repeats, "How's tour going?"

"Great! Only three fan-girls tried to kill me this week."

"Only three? That's gotta be a new record." Cory jokes.

Chris laughs, "So what are you up to?"

"Just left Starbucks and I'm on my way to work. Oh, and you'll never guess who I ran into while I was getting my coffee."

"Who?"

"The one Cerulli child I've had yet to reunite with - until now, of course."

"Jen."

"Ding ding ding." Cory sings, "She was really nice though. She tracked me down so she could apologize to me."

"That was nice of her."

"If I'm not mistaken, I believe we may actually be getting your family's approval."

"Woopdy-fuckin'-doo." Chris says, sarcastically.

Cory laughs, "You don't sound very excited."

"Well, their opinion isn't going to change how I feel about you. And it most certainly isn't gong to change how excited I am that there's only four more days until I finally get to taste those lips of yours."

Cory smiles and she could feel her face heat up, "My my, Christopher Cerulli; you sure know how to make a girl's heart skip a beat."

"And you sure know how to make a man's knees buckle, Corianne Stanley."

"Nah, that's just luck." Cory jokes, "And just so you know, I can't wait to see...and taste, you either."

"Well good. I wouldn't kiss a girl that didn't want to kiss me back."

"Ohhh, trust me...I do..." Cory says, smiling at the thought.

A/N: Oi that sucked. I am so sorry. Next chapter will be better though! You guys are gonna HATE me for the plot twist that I have planned for the next chapter...He he he...

Chapter Title From: Undead Ahead by MIW

I have the 'Into The Woods' soundtrack stuck in my head. Anyone seen that movie? Anyone seen the play? I've only ever seen the movie.

Anyway. Comment! Vote! Subscribe! And, check out my other, already completed story, "Break The Cycle (Chris Motionless' Daughter)".

xoxo, Scissorhands.