25 - Don't Say Goodbye

One week, six days later.

Chris had been taking Cory all over town. As soon as they awoke, they were up and at it. Chris insisted on taking Cory to see everything she was going to miss while she was gone. Cory knew something was up though. She couldn't figure out what it was, but she would probably find out it was eventually. In the mean time though, Cory just played along.

After all, it was her last day here.

They got coffee and breakfast at Sheetz first. They then saw a movie, and got lunch at Hops and Barleys. Chris also took Cory to the cememtary to visit her parents and Cole one last time. Chris pretty much had Cory out all day. He wanted to spend as much time with her as he possibly could before she had to leave tomorrow

"What are you smiling about?" Cory asks.

They on their way home, and Chris had been smiling for fifteen straight.

Chris shrugs, "No reason."

Cory raises her pierced eyebrow, "I don't think I've ever seen your smile this long without frowning or complaining at least once. Are you feeling okay? Are you sick? Who are you and what have you done with Chris?"

Chris laughs, "I'm just just glad I got to spend one last good day with my lady. We don't get to do this very often."

Cory narrows her eyes, "I still think something's up, but as for as excuses go, that's not too bad."

They arrive back at the house shortly after. Chris takes Cory's hand and leads her up to the house, still smiling. Cory laughs.

"What are you doing?" She asks.

Chris doesn't answer. He just opens the door and leads Cory inside. Cory's mouth falls open at what she sees.

"Surprise!" Mandy exclaims. She, the rest of the guys and their girlfriends were all there standing in the middle of the livingroom. There was a bunch of junk food set up and music playing.

"What's going on...?" Cory asks.

"I got a hold of Mandy and told her to put a little going away party together." Chris explains.

"And I delivered! So what do you think? Love it? Hate it?" Mandy asks.

"I love it! Of course I love it! You guys are the best." Cory says before hugging them all.

The rest of the night was spent with everyone hanging out, like they usually did. They watched movies, they played video games, talked and laughed; it was a great night.

The night did have to end sooner or later though. Only then did it really hit Cory that she would have to leave all of these amazing people in the morning. It really did break her heart.

"Listen, thank you all so much for doing this. this was just...the perfect way to say goodbye." Cory says, starting to tear up, "I'm gonna miss you all so much."

"Oh, hun." Mandy says, going over to Cory and hugging her. Everyone else joined in too.

x

Chris finished cleaning up, then went into the bedroom where Cory was finishing packing. She had tears running down her face. Chris wrapped his tattooed arms around her waist from behind.

"What's the matter, baby?" Chris whispers.

Cory turns around and hugs Chris, crying into his chest.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." Cory sobs.

"Sshhh...baby, it's okay." Chris says, "I'll always be with you."