5 - My Heart is a Timebomb

Friday.

Cory stood in front of the mirror in her bathroom without her glasses. It is really hard to put on makeup when you cant see what you're doing unless you're two inches away from the mirror. Cory just did a mostly natural makeup except for a winged eyeliner. She put her red and black hair into a French braid, then decided she looked good. She was wearing a 'Hail Satan and Drink Coffee' shirt from BlackCraft Cult; a short, black, pleaded skirt (it was the only skirt that she owned) with fishnet leggings underneath, and combat boots. She also had a leather jacket on.

Cory put her glasses back on, then walked out into the 'livingroom'. Cole was putting some clothes into a bag.

"You packing for your sleepover tonight?"

"Yeah."

"Did you get all of your homework done okay?"

"Yeah."

Cory reached over and put some earrings in.

"What time is DJ's mom coming to get you?" Cory asks.

"Around five-ish."

"Are you just gonna eat dinner at his place?"

"Yeah. We're gonna order a pizza."

"Okay. Make sure you pack everything you need. And tell DJ's mom I said 'thank you'."

"I will."

Cory puts on a guitar pick necklace, then her phone buzzes. She'd received a text from Chris. He was here.

Cory kisses the top of Cole's head.

"I love you, be good, and have fun with DJ."

"I will. Love you too."

x

Cory walks out of the building and to Chris' car. She could already hear Bleeding Through playing loudly. She opens the door and gets in before closing it.

"Hey." She greets, grabbing the seatbelt and buckling her self in.

"'Sup, Sugar Lips?" Chris asks before beginning to drive off.

"Sugar li - what is it with all these pet names?"

"Would you rather I go back to calling you 'Squirt'?"

"No thank you." Cory laughs, "But how can you call me 'Sugar Lips' when you've never even kissed me?" She teases.

"Well we can certainly change that if you'd like." Chris says with a smirk, "So what have you been up to? Nice fishnets."

"Thanks. Mandy told me to wear them."

"Do you always do what she tells you when you aren't working for her?"

"No, but Mandy is very honest; and she says these fishnets make my legs look good and the skirt makes my ass look good."

"I'll be the judge of that once we get out of the car."

Cory rolls her eyes and smiles. He was just joking...right?

"You look really pretty today." Chris comments.

"You think I'm pretty?"

"Of course I do. You're beautiful."

Cory blushes, "Thank you."

"Why do you blush every time I give you a compliment?"

Cory shrugs, "It's just not often that someone like you gives me the kind of compliments that you do."