All Grown Up

i have suddenly been doing daily updates (partially bc the support lately has been insane and i appreciate u guys sm) but i might go back and forth between this and every other day :) idk y'all should know by now i have no posting schedule 

Okay so a couple things - I removed Albus and Scorpius bc I used to ship them and its just really mf weird if their parents r married LMAO bc then they would be brothers

I don't specify if the kids are adopted or like if there was a surrogate but just know that this is not an mpreg au LMFAO

- Harry and Draco send their kids off to Hogwarts - 

Lily gasped in excitement as she stared at the Hogwarts express. She was 11, and this would be her first year at Hogwarts. The station was bustling with kids wheeling trolleys and sappy parents. She tugged on her dads' hands and pulled them towards the train. 

"I actually get to get on!" She shouted, smiling widely. She'd been to platform 9 3/4 before, as her brother James was beginning his third year at Hogwarts. Harry beamed down at her, happy that she was excited.

"You're going to love it there." Harry assured, bending down and hugging her tightly. James rolled his eyes.

"Can I go, please? Spare me the sappy goodbyes." He said impatiently. Draco gave him a knowing look.

"I'll miss you too." He said, pulling James into a hug. He was just being a cranky teen, they all knew that he would miss his dads. James 'reluctantly' hugged Draco back then pulled away. Harry momentarily let go of Lily to hug James goodbye. 

"Be good, alright?" Harry reminded.

"No promises." James replied, voice muffled by Harry's shoulder. Harry let go and kissed his forehead. James scowled.

"Dad, gross!" He said, embarrassed. Harry laughed and ruffled his hair. 

"You're free to go, young man." Harry said sadly. James said his final goodbyes before heading towards the train. Harry turned back to Lily, who was nervously watching her brother leave. She hugged Draco hard, pressing her face into his shoulder. 

"I'll write all the time." She promised, certainly more concerned about homesickness than her brother. Draco pulled away then kissed the top of her head. She hugged Harry one last time. Once she let go he held her at arms length.

"We'll see you at Christmas, it'll be like no time." He affirmed, smiling at his daughter wanly. She gave both of her dads a parting kiss on the cheek before pushing her trunk towards the train, turning back and waving again as she boarded. Harry and Draco waved back and watched her disappear to find a compartment. Harry clutched Draco's hand tightly.

"There she goes." Draco said sadly. "She's really leaving." He wrapped an arm around Harry's waist and pulled him close. Harry wrapped his arm around Draco and sniffed, eyes glassy.

"I promised myself I wouldn't cry until we got home." He said with a slight laugh. 

"The house is gonna be so quiet now." Draco said as the train began to pull out of the station. Lily poked her head out of a window and looked over at her dads, waving enthusiastically. They both waved back with bittersweet smiles. As kids, they had never thought of leaving for Hogwarts as a sad thing. Neither of them had a loving family growing up, so they were just happy to get away. Now that they had kids of their own, sending them off to Hogwarts was harder than they had expected. James acted nonchalant about it, but even he was a little nervous leaving for his first year. 

"We should get home, we're meeting Ron and Hermione for dinner and I need to spend the day being sad before we can go." Harry said and Draco laughed. Ron and Hermione were at the station too, sending their daughter Rose off for her second year.

"Can we be sad together?" Draco asked, kissing Harry's temple. Harry smiled and tugged Draco into a hug.

"The house is gonna feel empty, but I'll always have you. I'm so lucky." Harry said into Draco's chest. He still felt as lucky to have Draco as he did when they first started dating, even when they'd been married for almost 15 years. Draco squeezed him tight.

"Home?" He asked, and Harry hummed.

"Lets go home."

ty for 150 votes! and ty again for all the reads and comments :))) 

hope u enjoyed!! have an amazing day or night <3