Please Wake Up

hey guyssss sorry it's been so long since my last update
(also we r at like 11.99K while im writing this so i'll just say ty for 12K rn :) u guys mean the world to me thank you so so much really)

this sat in the drafts for a long ass time before i could finally finish it, and it is late when i'm finishing this up so i'm mildly delirious i apologize if its bad

this one is a lil sad!! I promise there is a happy ending and I wouldn't rlly qualify this as angst but it is not super fluffy for the entire time so beware

I have no idea how comas work so this probably makes like no sense but lets be honest I'm not exactly striving for realism here LMAO also wizards r more advanced so their stuff is different ig

! minor tw - loss of appetite/poor eating !

word count: 3372

- Harry goes into a coma after the battle of Hogwarts - 

Draco stared in disbelief from far away as Voldemort crumbled in defeat. Everything seemed to play out in slow motion, the jolt of red light and his wand flying from his hand. He began to turn to dust right before his eyes. It was the end of an era. Draco tore his eyes away from the dark lord that was dying before him to look at the boy that had killed him. Harry's face was a mix of triumph and absolute exhaustion. He had just come back from the 'dead' a few minutes ago after all. His skin was pale as a sheet and he blinked slowly before collapsing to the ground. Draco stood frozen in shock from the event that he had just witnessed. He shook himself back to reality before running as fast as he could out of the half-destroyed corridor he stood in, to the boy who lay unconscious on the ground, who also happened to be his boyfriend of two years. He fell to his knees and wrapped his arms around Harry's body, pulling him into his lap. 

"Harry?" He whispered, shaking the boy slightly. Upon no response he cupped Harry's face and shouted, "Harry!" He felt tears well in his eyes when he was met with silence. "Somebody, please, help!" He screamed into the emptiness around him. He heard footsteps getting louder behind him, and turned to see Ron and Hermione. Tears rolled freely down his face.

"Oh my god, what happened?" Hermione asked, voice full of fear. Draco took a deep breath.

"He did it. He k-killed V-Voldemort. Then he j-just collapsed." He explained, trying to catch his breath. Hermione didn't know whether to feel relieved or scared, so she felt both. 

"Help me out Ron, let's get him inside." 

Harry had been rushed to St. Mungo's hospital. They were relieved to find that he was not in fact dead, but had been rendered into a coma. That was almost two months ago now. Everyone had been invited to stay an extra year at the school, since the last one had been plagued with terror and war. So Draco had been back at school for his 8th year for about a month, and it was far less fun than he had expected. He thought it would be a good distraction as opposed to sitting home and wasting away the hours, but everything at school reminded him of Harry. He just missed Harry so much. Draco hadn't just lost his boyfriend, Harry had been his rock. He helped Draco through and out of a dark place, so losing Harry was taking a real toll on him. It was a far travel, but he still went to visit him in the hospital every week. When Harry had been at school, Draco would sit with him, Ron, and Hermione for meals. They got on fine, but he never really connected with Harry's friends. So now he sat alone, back at the Slytherin table. He hardly ate and he hardly slept since the incident. Everything just felt empty. 

Ron and Hermione were having a tough time too. They missed Harry so much. It felt like a piece was missing from their lives, because there was. But at least they had each other.