Fine Line Between Love and Hate

Hey guys so I said I wasn't gonna do angst and I don't think this even counts as angst but here's your warning because it's a little sad. Also when I say POV I don't mean their first person point of view, I mean their point of view but still in third person. Enjoy! 

                                                                                    ~

Draco's POV

Draco sat in potions quietly, lost in his thoughts. As he spaced out, a raven haired boy entered the room. He ignored until he noticed the odd looks from his fellow Slytherins. He cleared his throat and put his sneer back on. He stuck out his foot, tripping the boy and causing him to drop his books on the floor. Draco's housemates laughed and made vague complements and gave words of encouragement to him. Draco bit back tears watching Harry scramble to pick up his stuff and get to his seat.

"Shove off, Malfoy." Harry's best friend Ron spat. Draco blinked hard and covered by rolling his eyes with a fake chuckle. He hated this so much.

Draco had known he was gay for a while. The only one who knew was his friend Pansy, because she was the only one he could trust. She was the only person who knew the real Draco. A couple months back, Draco decided to leave Harry alone because he's come to terms with his feelings and realized that his hatred was only trying to convince himself that he wasn't gay. He was now sure of the fact that he did like Potter. He wouldn't say he's in love with him... right? No. Of course not. 

When he decided to finally lay off of Potter, it wasn't so easy. Immediately he was questioned by all his buddies, except Pansy of course. He couldn't tell them why he stopped so he decided it was better to keep going. Whenever he did try to ignore the boy, he was pressured again and again into bothering him by his friends. It was really hard.

Draco snapped back to the present and put his attention back to the potions lesson. 

Harry's POV

Harry hurried to potions only to walk in and fall flat on his face. He heard the people around him laugh as he picked up his fallen belongings.  He didn't have it in him to snap back at Malfoy today. He was too tired. Ron looked up at him and saw his watering eyes under his glasses. Ron put an arm around Harry's neck and told Malfoy to shove off. Harry looked at his friend with gratitude and smiled. Ron ruffled his black hair and patted him on the back. Harry started to space out.

He'd been in a constant feud with Malfoy since the first year He didn't even know why. He didn't start it. Well... he did sometimes. But it was usually the blonde boy's fault. And the thing was, he had a stupid fat crush on Malfoy. He didn't know why, but he couldn't help it. No matter how mean the boy was to him, he couldn't fight this strange attraction. He hated himself for it, especially because he knew the other boy would never feel the same. They were enemies. And that's all they would ever be.

Later that day, Harry was feeling pretty rough from all the stress and lack of sleep he was getting so he washed his face and brushed his hair for once. He looked in the mirror and smiled. He thought he looked nice. He walked down to the great hall for dinner to meet Ron and Hermione. As he walked him he felt a pair of eyes on him. He looked up and saw Malfoy staring. His heart skipped but then he saw him open his mouth.

"Nice hair, Potter. You look stupid." Malfoy snickered and his Slytherin pals laughed along.

"You look real gay, Potter!" Zabini called from next to Draco. Harry averted his eyes and hurried over to his friends. Hopefully they hadn't heard. They had.