Stay With Me

Story: Harry is sick and wants Draco to rest with him

Harry's POV

Harry woke up and was immediately greeted with the feeling of a splitting headache. He rubbed his eyes and yawned, feeling a bit dizzy. His boyfriend was already awake, sitting up against the headboard with a book. Harry coughed and laid his head in the blonde's lap. He closed his eyes, trying not to focus on the terrible migraine he had.

"Hey babe." Draco said, not taking his eyes off his book. Then he must have sensed that something was wrong, because be felt Harry's forehead with his palm. He began to stroke his hair.

"Harry, you're burning up. Do you feel alright?" The raven haired boy coughed again, this time more violently and shook his head.

"Head hurts." He mumbled.

"I'll go get you some water." Draco offered, gently pulling Harry's head out of his lap and standing.

"No." Harry said, grabbing Draco's hand. Harry wheezed and mumbled,

"Stay with me? Please? At least until I fall asleep." The taller boy sat back down, and pulled Harry' head back into his lap. He stroked his hair gently.

"Of course." He responded softly. Harry closed his eyes and tried to enjoy Draco's soft touch. He began to slip in and out of consciousness, and fell asleep to Draco's fingers combing through his dark hair.

Draco's POV

Draco felt Harry' breathing become steady and heavy. He was concerned about him. He didn't seem well. Draco slipped out of the bed very slowly and carefully, making sure not to wake Harry up.

He retrieved a glass of water and a headache treatment. (Do wizards like... have potion medication? Idk just go with it lol)

He kneeled on the floor, taking Harry' right hand in both of his, stroking it, as if it would break if he held it too tightly.

He stayed by Harry' side, patiently waiting for him to wake up.

After about an hour and a half, Harry stirred, startling Draco who had spaced out. Draco gently stroked his raven hair, and Harry turned onto his side, facing Draco. He opened his eyes slowly, and looked startled by the other boy's face being so close. He rubbed his eyes and smiled at the blonde.

"Hi." Draco breathed.

"Hey." Mumbled Harry. "Time is it? Need to get up..."

"Shh. Stay in bed. You're sick." Draco said, pushing Harry back down. Harry propped his head up on his hand, leaning on his elbow.

"You don't have to worry about work today. Just rest. Please?" Draco asked, earning a reluctant sign from his boyfriend.

"Okay." Harry said. "Only if you stay with me though." He smiled.

Draco walked around to the other side of Harry's bed and laid down beside him. Harry crawled on top of Draco, head on his chest. The taller boy wrapped his arms around Harry's shoulders and sighed. Harry breathed in his boyfriend's scent and closed his eyes. Draco figured he would offer the medication later, as he didn't think Harry felt like moving right then.

They stayed like that for a long time.

Sorry I didn't update for so long! This one is pretty short but hopefully I'll get some ideas and will write better ones. Also almost 250 reads?? Thank you so much <3 Have an amazing day or night :)