I Hate(Love) You

sorry for taking so long to update and tysm for 19k reads!! love u all
also this title is ass i had no idea what to call it LMAO
disregarding the whole voldemort plotline this would prob be 6th or 7th yr

i don't really have a descriptor/summary for this since theres rly no plot, it's just a fluffy day of harry and draco dating but if draco acted more cocky and annoying (so more like his actual self KHFJHGJ) in like a loving way 

word count: 777

Draco made his way to potions for his first class of the day, happy because he had it with Harry. He walked into the potions classroom and his eyes landed on his raven haired boyfriend. He smiled a bit at the sight but regained his composure before heading over and sitting down. 

"Potter." He greeted, looking forwards at the board rather than towards Harry.

"Malfoy." Harry responded, not looking at Draco either.

"Did you sleep well?" Draco asked.

"Lovely, because I dreamt of you." Harry said, breaking his straight face and smirking. Draco rolled his eyes. 

"Idiot." Draco said, a hint of fondness in his voice.

"Your idiot." Harry reminded, finally looking up at Draco. Draco couldn't help but smile slightly.

"Yes, my idiot. Now shut up." He said, as Snape began the lesson. Harry did shut up, but continued to kick Draco lightly on the leg. They proceeded to play footsie under the table for the rest of the lesson, both smiling but refusing to look at each other.

After lunch, Harry waved goodbye to Ron as they split ways and continued forwards. His eyes lit up when he spotted a familiar blonde ahead. He jogged slightly to catch up and slowed down at Draco's side.

"Hey" Harry greeted happily. "Library?" He asked, since he knew that they both had a free period now. Draco hummed. Harry reached out and took Draco's hand as they continued to walk side by side. Draco wanted to smile at the behavior but merely shot Harry a look of judgment.

"Potter, why must you always hold my hand?" Draco teased. Harry rolled his eyes.

"You're not letting go, though." He commented.

"Of course not, don't be stupid." Draco replied, eliciting a small laugh from Harry.

"Stupid? Says you." Harry said, giving Draco a playful shove. 

"I hate you." Draco said bitterly.

"I love you." Harry responded almost immediately, making Draco crack a smile. He sighed and dropped Harry's hand, slinging an arm around his shoulders instead. He pressed a kiss to Harry's hair.

"Love you too." He said quietly, and they walked in comfortable silence the rest of the way to the library.

The two settled into a secluded nook in the back of the library where Draco promptly began to complain about Herbology, the class he was studying for at the moment. He hardly paused between complaining and reading excerpts from his textbook, not even giving Harry a chance to chime in. The dark haired boy just stared in admiration. When Draco finally did stop talking, he felt Harry's gaze and looked up to meet his eyes. 

"What?" He asked, first thought being that he had something on his face or that his hair was out of place. 

"Nothing." Harry said with a soft smile. "You're just cute, that's all." Draco snorted at this.

"Wow Potter, you're so in love with me it's embarrassing." He taunted, shaking his head.

"Oh, so you think you're not cute?" Harry argued, and Draco scoffed.

"Cute isn't exactly the word I'd use, but sure. More handsome." Draco leaned back in his chair. "I'm quite possibly the most handsome man there is." He said, only half sarcastically. Harry gave him a look of mock offence. "Don't worry love, you come in close second." He joked, and Harry shook his head fondly.

"Whatever, you git. So herbology, yes?" He said, trying and failing not to smile. They tried, but didn't get much work done that afternoon.

Harry and Draco had met up in the room of requirement to spend some time alone together that evening, as they did every so often. When they'd first started dating, they took everything pretty slow. Not just intimate things, but being close in general. Growing up the way they did, touch hadn't been an easy thing for either of them. Now, they'd been able to establish a level of comfort with each other that it just felt right. It made them both happy that they could trust each other enough. So they often spent time in the room of requirement just cuddling, sometimes even napping together. 

They were laid in the room of requirement,  in bed. Harry's chest was pressed to Draco's back and his arms wrapped securely around his waist. Their legs overlapped, and they shared warmth. Draco liked the feeling of Harry's gentle heartbeat on his back, not that he would tell Harry that. 

"Harry?" Draco said, breaking the silence. He was slightly drowsy from being tired so had forgotten to call him Potter. 

"Yeah?" Harry said, warm breath hitting Draco's neck as he continued to press soft kisses there.

 "If you ever tell anyone I'm the little spoon, I'll kill you."

hope u enjoyed, pls have a lovely day or night!!
love u <333