Valentines Day

tysm for 80 votes!! ily guys, i hope u enjoy :)

- Harry and Draco spend Valentines Day together - 

Draco opened his eyes slowly and sat up. He yawned and stretched, a smile forming on his face. Today was valentines day, and maybe it would be a perfectly average day. Draco knew better though, he was excited to see what Harry had planned. Harry and Draco had been dating for three years now. Draco had spent a long time on his gift and was quite proud of it. He had engraved a box with the words, 'I love you, Harry' and charmed it to hold more contents than it seemed. It was a relatively small box, but it had an absurd amount of space. For months, Draco had written on little slips of paper why he loved Harry. Little things, like the way his hair moved when he walked, the way he looked at Draco from across a room, the way his eyes lit up when he was happy, and many, many more. Draco had compiled these into the box until there were too many to count, and today was finally the day he would give it to Harry.

Draco rubbed his eyes and looked at his bed which he was still sat in, and laid eyes on a stuffed lion. He smiled fondly and picked it up, seeing a note attached. 'Happy Valentines Day, my dragon - love, lion'  Draco sighed with a chuckle. He didn't even want to know how Harry got into the dorms last night to put it there. He put the note to the side and hugged the lion close to his chest, face lighting up when he took in the scent. Draco always loved to take Harry's jumpers and sweatshirts, mainly because they smelled like him. Harry always thought it was cute when they would hug and Draco would breathe in his scent. The stuffed lion smelled just like Harry, and Draco thought that was amazing. 

Draco made his way to breakfast that morning, humming a cheerful tune. He entered the great hall and spotted Harry sitting alone. He ran up to the table, arms outstretched. Harry saw him and stood from his seat. Harry intercepted Draco into a hug and held him tightly, Draco burying his face in the crook of his neck. The two weren't big fans of PDA, but it was Valentines Day after all. Love was in the air. 

"Happy Valentines Day." Draco said, voice muffled by Harry's shoulder. Harry smiled and pulled away from the embrace, giving Draco a quick kiss on the cheek. They sat back down at the table, fingers intertwined. 

"Where are Ron and Hermione?" Draco asked as Harry took a sip of water.

"They're exchanging gifts in the common room right now, probably snogging." He said with a laugh. "They wanted to do it early I guess." Draco nodded and took a piece of toast.

"I really liked the lion." He commented, smiling at the other boy. 

"I'm glad." Harry replied, kissing him briefly on the lips. "And guess what? I put a spell on it so the scent won't fade." He added. Draco grinned and pulled Harry into a hug. 

"I love you." He said into Harry's dark head of hair.

"I love you too."

The two decided to meet in the room of requirement during dinner that night. Draco was full of excitement, happily making his way to the room once dinner had begun. He was carrying his box of notes and a bouquet of red roses. Harry loved roses. Once the door appeared, Draco walked inside and smiled at the sight of Harry. Harry looked up from where he was sitting and grinned, running over to his boyfriend. Draco flung his arms around Harry's neck and pulled him close, kissing him passionately. Harry's hands tugged at Draco's waist as they kissed. Draco smiled into the kiss, then pulled away. He touched their foreheads together and stared into Harry's green eyes.

"Hi" He breathed. Harry stole another kiss on the lips quickly.

"Hey" Harry whispered back with a giggle. Draco unwrapped his arms from around Harry's shoulders and held out the bouquet of roses. Harry's eyes lit up. "Dray! They're beautiful!" He gushed, taking the flowers and hugging Draco tight. 

"And, I charmed them so they'll never wilt." Draco said proudly as they pulled away from the embrace. Harry smiled wide and his eyes became watery. 

"I love them." He said, kissing Draco's hand. He took off his glasses and dabbed at his eyes with his sleeve. "You're making me cry before I even give you your gift!" He said with a laugh. Harry was a sucker for anything romantic. Draco kissed Harry's forehead. 

"I haven't even given you your real gift either." Draco said. Harry grabbed Draco's arm and tugged him towards the couch. 

"Okay, do you want to go first?" Harry asked. Draco nodded excitedly. He handed Harry the box and Harry held it gently. He inspected it with a smile, running his fingers over the engraving. He undid the latch and opened it, eyes widening when he saw the bits of paper that filled it. He reached inside, laughing when his hand disappeared into the depths of the box. Draco fiddled with his hands nervously, waiting for Harry to say something. Harry carefully unfolded one of the papers, eyes watering once again when he read it. He read a couple more, a tear rolling down his cheek. He closed the box up and put it aside, wordlessly wrapping himself around Draco's body. He pressed his face into Draco's shoulder, wetting his robes with tears. 

"Draco, I..." He began, trailing off and squeezing his boyfriend tighter. He pulled his face from Draco's shoulder and smiled.

"I love it. So much." He whispered, kissing Draco on the nose. "Thank you." He said lovingly. Draco pulled him into a kiss. He was so happy that Harry liked it. "Okay, okay!" He said, wiping tears from his face. "My turn." He said with a giddy expression. He picked up a thick book from behind the couch and placed it in Draco's lap. Draco opened the cover and was met with a photo of young Harry and Draco, flying on their brooms. He smiled. It was from second year, their first quidditch game together. Of course they didn't start dating until fourth year, but it was a sweet memory. Draco flipped through the first few pages, and it was photos from when they were young. As he got later into the book, it became more recent. He flipped all the way to the back, and it was a picture taken from far away of them sitting by the lake, hand in hand, from last week. Now it was Draco's turn to cry. He sniffed and looked up at Harry. 

"Harry, this is amazing." He said, eyes full of love, and tears too. He enveloped Harry in a hug, and Harry pressed his head to Draco's chest, listening to his heartbeat. "This is really, really incredible. Thank you so much." He said, tears spilling over. 

"Hermione helped with a lot of the pictures." Harry said into Draco's chest. Draco laughed.

"Well tell her that I think they're lovely." Draco responded. Harry closed his eyes and felt comforted by Draco's rhythmic breathing. This was probably the best Valentines Day yet. 

happy valentines day y'all!! I love all of u <3