Shaved Head Prank

y'all... this plot it fucking weird ik LMAO but i got the idea late last night and just had to sit down and write it
so pls enjoy this fluffy one that honesty went off the rails

this takes place after hogwarts where Harry and Draco are living together but not married, so they're like 19 yrs old ish
despite the fact that they're older in this just picture Harry's hair how it was in like 3rd/4th yr bc it was a good length then and i like it better than his rly short hair

- Harry pranks Draco by pretending to shave his head - 

Draco loves Harry's hair. He has expressed this love to Harry several times, if not daily. It's just so beautiful and precious to him for some reason that Harry doesn't really understand. So when Harry got the idea to pretend shave it off, he thought it was pretty genius. Hermione had helped him for days to figure out a spell that would temporarily hide his hair, and it had finally worked. Harry had many aspects of muggle living in his life, so he was going to record Draco's reaction on his phone. Hopefully it would be funny.

Harry stared at himself in the mirror and laughed, running his hand over his shaved head. Fake shaved, remind you. Hermione had taught him the spell that would counter the deception and bring his hair back normally. Harry waited patiently for Draco to come home to their flat, as he was running errands. Harry had his phone set up already, ready to start recording when Draco came back. Hearing the turning of keys in the door, Harry pressed record and scampered into the other room. He heard Draco shut the door behind him and dump some things onto the counter. 

"Harry, I'm home!" He called, shrugging off his coat. Harry wiped the grin off his face and walked into the entryway. Draco laid eyes on him and his eyes widened a bit. He stared for a moment silently.

"Y-your hair!" He said, reaching out to Harry. The blonde held him at arms length, taking in his appearance. "Don't get me wrong though, you look great." He added, to Harry's surprise. He pulled Harry into a hug. 

"Just thought I could use a change. Are you upset?" Harry asked, almost wishing for a better reaction.

"No, I'm not. You just..." He said, pulling away from the hug to look at Harry again. "It's a shame. I didn't even get to say goodbye." Harry laughed and kissed Draco's cheek. "I think this calls for a proper memorial." He decided, and Harry giggled. Draco took both of Harry's hands and squeezed them, letting out a breath. "We are here today to remember our lost loved one, Harry's beautiful, amazing hair." Harry bit back laughter, he couldn't wait to see where this was going. "I treasured the time I had with this hair. All the time I spent brushing through it with my hands, all the time's I've kissed it during hugs, all the times it was the first thing I saw in the morning." Harry's eyes softened a bit, he had only expected Draco to be joking. "The way it fell around your face, the way it blew around during quidditch, the way it still looked cute with bedhead." He continued. "Dear Harry's hair, you will be missed dearly. But it appears your time has passed." With that, he pulled Harry close and kissed the top of his head. Harry blinked away tears that had welled in his eyes. Something about the sincerity in Draco's voice made him realize how Draco really did appreciate the little things. "You still look very handsome like this though. You're still the most beautiful man I've ever seen." He said, tracing his hands about Harry's back. Harry kissed Draco softly.

"You're such an idiot." He said fondly, breaking into a smile. Draco smiled in confusion. "It was just a prank! You were supposed to get really upset and it was going to be funny." Harry huffed, pressing his face into Draco's chest. "You had to be so sweet and mushy about it though." He said into the Slytherin's shirt. Draco blinked.

"Wait, so you didn't actually shave your head?" He asked. Harry flicked his wand and his dark hair appeared again, framing his forehead. Draco sighed in relief. He buried his face into Harry's hair and breathed deeply. "Thank god." He said, and Harry laughed. "I wasn't kidding when I said you looked good with a shaved, head, but Merlin I love your hair." He pulled away from the embrace and looked into his eyes. "Did you really think I'd be upset?" He asked, eyes crinkling. 

"I dunno. I guess." Harry said sheepishly. He was just trying to be funny. 

"Well it was a very good prank, yes." Draco reassured and Harry snorted. "But I'll always love you, no matter what. I hope you know that." Harry blushed and kissed Draco, wrapping his arms around his neck. He pulled away and touched their foreheads together.

"You're so sappy. I love you too." Harry said with a smile. "Now cuddling is mandatory since you wanted to be all lovey-dovey." He added, pulling Draco over to the couch. Draco laughed and curled up, snaking an arm around Harry's waist. He carded through Harry's hair gently with his other hand, feeling Harry relax into him. He loved Harry regardless of any changes, but his hair sure did hold a special place in Draco's heart.

okay it's the next morning after I wrote this at like 2am and honestly wtf LMFAO
tbh not the worst chapter i've written so I hope u enjoyed anyway

the plot of this was so questionable but it was fluffy and kinda cute :)) i'm sorry y'all have not been getting the most quality content from me lately but i promise my next update will be far less weird lmao 

also do y'all prefer more vague or more descriptive titles? i feel like the vague ones are more endearing but i just want u to know what ur getting into like how i titled this one even tho i put the plot at the beginning