Girls' Night (oneshot)

I'm not the happiest with this one shot, but I still think it's cute

Ship: none
Tw: violence, needles, stitches, food
Au: none
Around 1120 words

Dear Joe,
Please meet us at Cleo's base at 7pm.
Love, You Know Who.

Joe smiled, rereading the note, making sure he was going to get there on time. He always loved spending time with the server's girls. They were always so fun to talk with. It was typically just the four of them, except when they would kidnap another hermit to join in their tomfoolery. Joe giggled at the thought and started to walk to the base.

When he got there, Cleo was sitting next to False, braiding her hair while she was having her hair braided by Stress. Joe headed over to them.

"Howdy, girls!" He could see their faces light up at his words. That made him so happy. A collection of greetings came up from them as he stepped forward to sit behind Stress, separating her hair into three sections.

"So, how have you been?" Joe asked, putting on a stereotypical girly voice, earning a couple giggles as he always did.

"I've just been working on my base, you know, the usual," False said once her hair was done being braided. She got up and grabbed her sword, starting to swing at an armour stand she set up.

"The zoo is coming along nicely, so I'm feeling pretty good."

"I was doing fine, but yesterday I totally got attacked by a zombie and that kind of put me in a bad mood." Stress grit her teeth at the thought.

"How did you kill it?" False seemed genuinely interested in the story. She also figured that Stress could blow off some steam. She walked over and handed her sword to the brunette. She promptly stood up and marched to the armour stand. She got into her fighting position and started to demonstrate.

"First, I swung at its big ugly head but it dodged." Stress swung at the armour stand, actually hitting it unlike the zombie. "Then the jerk clawed at my arm but I cut off it's hand." With a thwack the arm fell onto the ground. "Finally it jumped at me, but zombies are stupid idiots and I could easily stab it in the stomach." She jabbed the mannequin and it collapsed, like the zombie.

"Wow, that was really good form!" Cleo applauded, only mildly hurt at the remark about zombies. Joe nodded, showing off with the many hair clips that were pushing back waves of chestnut brown. Stress sat back down and smiled. They continued to talk about their lives and projects they were working on. As they were talking, they each took turns showering and changing into their matching hot pink pj pants and white tank tops. Stress got the clothes for everyone as a joke, but the material was soft and comfortable, so it just became tradition. After 30 minutes or so, they had got ready for bed, but they weren't sleeping just yet.

"Pick a colour, Joe," False commanded.

"Hm. I can't pick between bubblegum pink or salmon." Cleo playfully rolled her eyes.

"I think that bubblegum pink would bring out your eyes more," she joked.

"Bubblegum it is!" False chuckled at the man's ridiculousness and went to work, painting his nails.

"Cleo, can you come here so I can see your patches?" The zombie reluctantly went over to her friend. Stress grimaced at the state of the some of the fabric. "You know what needs to happen, right?"

"I guess." The brunette stood up and grabbed her friend's skin bag. Most normal people would just assume that's a weird term for a makeup kit, others would think it's a bag made of skin or filled with it, but it was actually just full of fabrics and needles. The woman pulled out what she needed and walked back over. Stress gripped the zombie's arm tight, and dethreaded a leather patch from her green skin. Cleo hissed in pain. The brown haired girl grabbed a red polka-dotted scrap of fabric and started to sew it to her undead counterpart. This process repeated a few times, but it was over before Joe's nails were even done drying.

"Would anyone like to watch a movie?" Joe questioned. They all enthusiastically agreed. False picked up the remote and started to flick through various streaming platforms.

"Wait! Go back two," Cleo called. It landed on Rocky Horror Picture Show.

"This?" False asked and Cleo nodded. She looked over to the others to see if they wanted to veto the idea, but both of them were excited to see it. False clicked play and the intro credits started. The movie went on for an hour or two, Cleo and Stress singing along with most of the songs as Joe danced around with False.

Towards the end of the movie, they had settled down. Joe felt his eyelids get so heavy that it was hard to keep them open. He decided to not even try to stay awake. His body teetered back and he curled into a small ball of comfort. Stress handed Cleo a blanket to drape over the sleeping body after the ginger took off his glasses. False yawned and moved to lay on her side, the ginger soon following. Stress flicked off the TV and layed down next to False and Cleo, letting her body be engulfed by a peaceful sleep.

It was almost 10 am when they all woke up. False was the most groggy, considering her usual schedule was messed up, but Cleo was a close second. Two of the girls did their makeup while Joe was changing into his regular button-up and khakis. Stress typically did lighter makeup, so she was done first. As Joe finished up setting the table for breakfast, the brunette picked up a bag labeled with his name in a scrawled font and stood next to her female friend. They both looked at the man in glasses with anticipation.

"Can we?" Cleo asked.

"I was going to ask if you would," Joe smiled. The girls grinned and dug through the bag, pulling out foundation and other fun things in Joe's shade. Said man took off his black glasses and sat in front of the girls. They patted his face with various items and brushed others on. He ended up with a dark blue eye look and the same shade for lips.

False had finished making their meal and served them all scrambled eggs with toast. It was delicious. They offered to clean their plates, but Cleo said that she could handle it. They all said their goodbyes, and separated from each other, happy with their successful girls' night.