Impulse Control (oneshot)

Did I base this off of art I made? Yes, yes I did.

Ship: Platonic ZIT

Tw: throwing oneself into water (not drowning though)
Au: none
Around 900 words

Impulse was working on the greenhouse on the top of his base. Again. This was the third day in a row he was working on it, without any sleep. Zedaph was getting worried for him, so the brit decided to fly over to Impulse's pyramid and just check up on him. What he didn't expect to see was Impulse with incredibly dark circles under his eyes, slouched over the ground, trying to find the perfect spot for a fern.

Zed strolled over to him and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. The brunet spun around to face him, his eyes full of panic. When he realized who it was, he calmed down and smiled.

"What are you doing here, Zed?" Impulse's words kind of slurred together. It wasn't that noticeable, but Zed felt the need to focus on everything about the american.

"Oh, I was just checking on you," Zedaph replied, his voice coated in worry. "Quick question, when did you last sleep?" He had realized that the man in front of him had kicked his shoes off, and his clothes were super wrinkled.

"I think it was," he paused to yawn, "Wednesday night?"

"You do know it's Saturday, right?" He asked, gently.

"Yeah, but I'm not done with this yet."

"How about you take a break?"

Impulse's face scrunched up. He shook his head and turned back to the ground, deciding that the grass needed to be a little more overgrown.

"Sorry, Impy, but you need to sleep," Zedaph reached out to the delirious man, only to have his hand slapped away. Zed gasped dramatically.

"ImpulseSV! You are going to bed right now or I'm," he paused, furiously looking for a threat, "or I'm gonna call Tango!" He figured that would work like it does when he threatens Tango.

"Fine! Call him!" He mocked and sat down, lightly picking at the grass.

Well, Zed's plan to scare him into sleeping didn't work. Time to actually call Tango to help. He hated to interrupt his work on Decked Out but it was for the greater good of Impulse.

Tango's communicator buzzed. He looked down to see Zedaph's picture with a call and hang up button. He giggled at the dumb image and answered the device.

"Hey, Zed!"

"Oh, hello Tango. Do you think you could come over to the top of Impulse's place?" Tango flinched.

"I can do that. Just to make sure though, are you mad at me?" Tango was a bit worried at the tone of Zed's voice.

"No, but someone has been overworking himself." Tango heard yelling from the other side of the line. Something about not being overworked and that he shouldn't listen to Zedaph. Wait. Was that Impulse?

Tango swiftly strapped on his elytra and flew out of Decked Out towards the futuristic looking base. There seemed to be people in the greenhouse, so he landed there only to see Impulse face down screaming and Zedaph trying to drag him inside. Normally he would fly away at that point, but Impulse is his buddy, so he tried to figure this out.

"So..." he trailed off, thinking what to say next.

Zedaph dropped Impulse's feet upon hearing Tango.

"Hey, man!" Zed rushed. "Do you know what to do with this?" He pointed at the whining man and Tango shrugged.

"I've never been one to get people to sleep. That's kind of his job." The two started planning how to get Impulse to sleep, not realizing that said man was grabbing some rockets. He felt the need to jump into the ocean around his base. Just a quick dip to wake him up, nothing too bad. He shot up into the sky and started to dive. Zedaph and Tango were mortified. The two quickly followed the sleep deprived man, Zedaph below him and Tango above. Impulse was so exhausted he barely noticed them and crashed into the water, quickly resurfacing as Zedaph was pulling him. Tango swooped down and helped the blond carry Impulse out of the water.

The two blonds struggled to carry the redstoner as they didn't allow him to fly. They made it to the inside of his base laying him on the floor, Zed getting himself and Impulse some dry clothes, and Tango making sure he didn't fly off again. The two turned away as Impulse put on his merch and cargo shorts. Once they looked back at the man, they had the same question on their mind.

"Why did you do that?!" the two yelled in unison. They talked over each other, asking if he was crazy, saying that Tango couldn't swim, pointing out that he could have just gone to bed, and other accusatory statements. Then the two blonds looked at him, on the ground, wrapped in a towel. They felt awful.

"Sorry for yelling," Zed muttered, urging for Tango to do the same.

"We were just," Tango searched for the right words, "scared for you." Impulse smiled and then yawned. He hugged the towel closer and laid down, his eyes feeling too heavy to hold open. Zed and Tango's eyes widened, realizing it was finally happening. Tango grabbed a blanket and Zedaph shut off the lights. It was all in vain though, as Impulse was already asleep.