Radio Stars (oneshot)

Ship: Pixloy? pixXP? Recap?

Cw: food and kissing
Au: radio host
Around 1000 words

"Thanks for listening and we'll see you next week." Click! The on-air sign flicked off. Zloy sat back and sighed, satisfied with the work he had done for the radio show. It talked about stories and facts about various music artists so their talent could be reached all around the nation. He had to admit, it was a lot of work to manage, but thankfully it was split up between the russian and his british friend, Pixl Riffs. Speaking of Pixl, Zloy could feel the man wrap an arm around his waist, pull his chair closer, and kiss his temple. No one knew they were dating, but they liked it like that. The couple thought it was funny to see their friends talk about how they were so "platonically in love" when it was actually so much more. They would eventually tell their friend group, but, at least for now, it was just their secret.

"Ready to go home?"

"Yup, let me just get my stuff, first." Many people struggled to understand his accent, but Pixl found it cute. He helped Zloy gather his things into an army green messenger bag before getting up and stretching. Zloy glanced at his boyfriend and giggled, making him look down in confusion.

"What?"

"Nothing, I just love you."

"What is it, really?"

"You have very bad headphone hair." The brit blushed and ran a hand through his hair, trying to fluff up the area where his blue headphones sat. Zloy chuckled and grabbed Pix's shirt, pulling him down to his level. He ruffled the milk chocolate hair, fixing it to look just how Pixl liked. He then planted a kiss on the brit's nose, turning his ears pink. Zloy intertwined their hands together and dragged his boyfriend out of the recording room, waving goodbye to their friend as they started their walk home.

At this point, it was mid-evening, so the setting sun made everything have a nice orange glow. Zloy couldn't help but admire his boyfriend in the beautiful lighting. His ears got hot and his heart started to beat faster. The russian quickly shot his gaze away from the gorgeous man next to him, anxious he would get caught. It was in vain, though, because when he looked away, his hand was engulfed in warmth and squeezed slightly. He smiled softly and leaned his body closer to Pixl.

They soon made it to their shared apartment and stepped in. Lush greenery spilled out of terracota pots and soaked up the golden sunlight leaking through the white windows. Posters and pictures plastered the walls so the walls behind them were hardly visible. The place that they needed to go was the small kitchen that had stainless steel appliances and cream coloured cabinets filled with baby blue dishes. Pixl walked over and grabbed out a pot and dry pasta. He filled the pot and turned on the heat to boil the water inside. He gathered various produce items and equipment to prepare their dinner.

"Could you dice this onion and tomato please?" Zloy nodded and got to work, carefully slicing the vegetables as Pix smashed garlic. They quickly finished up and the brit placed all of his attention into making the sauce. He assumed that his boyfriend had left the kitchen, but was proven wrong when he felt arms snake around his waist. The russian dug his head into the taller's shoulder blade and placed kisses all over his back. Pix let out a sigh of contentment as he added the bowtie pasta to the boiling water.

It took only a few more minutes and the meal was finished. Riffs scooped pasta onto two plates and poured tomato sauce on top. The duo strode over and sat on the sofa, excited to have their meal. They smiled over the dish, talking about random subjects with each other. Laughs were had and loving looks were shared. After a while they finished eating and set the plates in the sink, soon returning back to the couch. They continued their conversations and stares, loving every moment they could spend together. The brit noticed something off about his boyfriend, though.

"You have some stuff on your lip." Pix gestured towards the corner of his mouth and Zloy attempted to wipe away the stain, only to miss completely. The taller decided to do it for him, so he leaned in and kissed the spot he wanted Zloy to get. He pulled back and grinned.

"Was there anything even there?" Pixl sheepishly giggled.

"No." The russian rolled his eyes and pulled the bearded face closer to him so he could plant a kiss on his co-host's lips. He was pulled into Pix's lap and he peppered kisses all over his forehead, nose, cheeks, and jaw. Zloy had his arms lazily slung behind the brit in a sloppy hug as he placed one last smooch on his mouth. The russian let his head fall into the crook of his boyfriend's neck and Pixl let out a happy hum as he pet his lover's head.

Riffs was going to say something, but he was cut off by gentle snoring coming from the body laid across his. It was early, but they had a long day, so he figured it was justified. He lifted the sleeping fugure into their bedroom and set him on their navy blue comforter. He took off Zloy's jeans and left him in his boxers and a t-shirt with a reference to a game he liked on the front. Pix then tucked him in and changed into a pair of gray sweatpants and a loose fitting t-shirt. He slid under the sheets next to Zloy and held him close.

"Goodnight, my star." With that, he drifted off to a peaceful sleep.

Have some art I made! Draft:

Final: