Stupid (oneshot)

Ship: Platonic Zedpulse

Tw: self deprecation
Au: none
Around 560 words

CRACK! Oh no. A beacon. The precious obsidian based objects were known for being incredibly expensive to make, and Zed just broke one. He was walking down to Impulse's front door and decided to lean against the railing, or more specifically, a beacon. He felt it shatter beneath his weight and panicked. Was Impulse gonna hate him now? He probably was. Those dang blocks cost their weight in diamonds! He can't afford that! How does one even go about fixing a beacon? He could tell Impy the truth, but that's too risky. God, why was he so stupid?! TANGO! He could ask Tango for help. Why hadn't he thought of that sooner? Probably because he was thinking about how Impulse was going to hate him.

Zed shook away his inner monologue and pulled out his communicator from the black leather bag on his back. While scrolling through the list of hermits, he found Tango's contact and told him to "get your butt over here or else Impulse is gonna have mine!" and then not-so-patiently awaited Tango's arrival. The blonde soon approached the taller and asked what was up.

"Ok so you know how Impulse has all of these fancy beacons around?"

"The super expensive shiny ones?"

"Yes, those." Zedaph took a deep breath. "I may or may not have broken one."

"You what?! Dude! Those cost more than your cave! How did you break it?"

"I was just walking to visit Impy and I was being stupid so I leaned over to admire the view and- just- cusshhh." Tango took off his backpack and searched through it and pulled out two rolls of tape, one clear and one black.

"If the duct tape doesn't work, you're on your own," Tango said and started to peel the sticky plastic. They stuck it to the glass after moving the nether star. The two shared a look.

"This looks awful," Zed commented. Tango nodded.

"I have no other ideas. You could just tell Impulse?" A sigh.

"I guess." The two shared an embrace and Tango flew away. Zedaph struggled to pick up the heavy block and lugged it to the front of Impulse's base.

"Hey, Zed!" Said man almost dropped the beacon and started to panic.

"Oh, hey, Impulse." He took a deep breath and set the block down, tears pricking his eyes. "I am so sorry, but I broke one of your beacons, I can't really afford a new one for you and I don't know how to fix it, me and Tango tried and I- I just can't, I'm so stupid, I'm sorry," his voice broke. He tried not to cry, but he was so embarrassed. Zedaph gave up and let the tears fall. He felt arms wrap around his torso and rub his back, so he melted into the touch.

"I'm such a stupid failure." Impulse pulled away, hands still on Zedaph's shoulders.

"Don't talk about yourself that way, it was a simple mistake, I don't hate you." He ruffled Zed's hair. "Besides, I make beacons, so I can just get another."

"Really?"

"Really." Zed smiled and hugged Impulse again. He was pulled to the living room to watch shitty movies with his best friend. Man, he really was stupid.