She's Leaving Home (oneshot)

Songfic!
Ship: none
Tw: thoughts about death, blood, injuries, crying, swearing, abusive situations
Au: The Train Home
Around 3220 words

HOW THE FUCK DID I MAKE THIS IN TWO DAYS HOLY SHIT anyways song lyrics are in bold or underlined <3

Wednesday morning at five o'clock
As the day begins

Stress heard her alarm clock beep loudly next to her bed. This would be the last time it chimed for her. Her life was going to change in just a few minutes and she had never felt more ready. She shut off the clock and stepped out of bed. Stress knew that she wanted to leave as soon as possible, meaning she had slept in her clothes and had prepared a large backpack. It was heavy, but she would be able to set it down soon enough. She looked around the room for the final time and felt her heart get pierced with guilt and nostalgia. She had lived there every day for over 20 years, hardly leaving. It felt wrong to go, but she knew it was right. Before any tears could spill from her hazel eyes, she walked out of the pink space.

Silently closing her bedroom door
Leaving the note that she hoped would say more

Stress had scribbled out a messy letter to her parents the night prior. It was a little harsh, but she needed to get her point across. It had tear stains that she wished she could remove and the ink bled in places where it shouldn't have. With a sigh, she taped the paper to the front of her door.

She goes down stairs to the kitchen
Clutching her handkerchief

Stress stared down at her hand and noticed how her knuckles were turning white from the tight grip on her bandana. She had impulsively grabbed it from the kitchen table as usual, but cursed herself at the habit that had formed. If she ever wanted to go outside, she needed to take the fabric with her. It made her so frustrated. It wasn't fair. Her rage was bubbling through her veins like boiling water as she tied it around her head.

Quietly turning the backdoor key
Stepping outside, she is free

As soon as she saw the hazy orange sky, she knew she had to run. She hopped the chain link fence surrounding her old house and sprinted as fast as she could. She had to travel 40 kilometers in 15 hours to make it on time. She had never traveled so far, let alone with a time constraint. She had been training for weeks, but it seemed like it wasn't enough.

She...

Stress's parents claimed that keeping her was the safest option. They said that not letting her go to school was going to help her. She kept reminding her that they told her these things everyday and she ran harder and faster, anger fueling her every step.

Is leaving

Every ounce of her soul screamed to give up, but it was not the time and she had a promise to hold up. She would not go back to her old
Home.

Tears slid down her red cheeks. How had she let herself be manipulated like this?

Father snores as his wife gets into her dressing gown

It was around 6 in the morning at this point. Stress's mother needed to be up so she could wake her daughter. After all, there was a list of chores that needed to be done and she wanted to have them finished soon. She shuffled across her bedroom and walked through the gray hallways that had large portraits of her family. She was so proud of keeping everyone in control. Her daughter always listened and never rebelled, her husband enforced rules, and everyone was safe. She put on her smile and went to knock on the door, but saw something out of the ordinary.

Picks up the letter that's lying there
Standing alone at the top of the stairs

"Dear Momma and Pops,
You have failed me. I am never going to see you again and it is your fault. You hid me from the world, so I will find out everything first hand. You taught me writing and math, but I haven't learned a thing. You showed me the world of art, but never told me why they created. You told me to love myself, but never let me see why I deserve it. You have no one to blame but yourselves. I hope you realize that I won't miss you. I never had friends, I never went to school, I never lived, all because of you. You ruined my life.
- Stress"