Lava Lake (oneshot)

Surprise! I actually got a one shot for you! It's really long and I'm super proud of it.

Ship: Platonic ZIT <3

Tw: it's just kinda old but not horrible
Au: regular
Around 1130 words

Team ZIT was chilling in the nether. Well, chilling as in relaxing, because they were all swimming in one of the massive lava lakes outside of the main nether hub. After all, Tango was afraid of lakes and oceans, so the trio decided that the fiery mess was the way to go.

Zed and Impulse had applied the fire resistance potion straight from the bottle after stripping to their boxers as a safety precaution to keep their outfits intact. Tango liked to mess around with fire and lava, so his clothes were fine. They jumped into the lake and swam around a bit, getting used to the consistency of the "water." It was warm and Zedaph could feel where the combrewter potion wasn't applied as thick as it should have been. They swam around for a bit and chatted, not really thinking about the consequences that could come from this friendly event.

Cub and Scar were giggling at them from behind the glass and the group figured it was just because of the ridiculous activity they were partaking in, but we all know that the mayor and enforcer were up to no good. Cub had stolen the half-naked boys' clothes. The two, of course, didn't realize the missing articles of clothing and kept swimming in the thick liquid.

When it was time to get out, Tango had offered to grab their clothes and the two men happily accepted. He waded out of the "pool" and looked all over the netherrack platform, only to find nothing.

"Are you sure they're up here?" Tango yelled down.

"They should be," Impulse started to get anxious, "at least that's where we put them." He assumed that the fire resistance had about one minute left. Zedaph glanced over at him, same thought in mind. Impulse and Zed started to walk to the red shore trying to avoid stepping on any sharp rocks. They didn't have any towels, armour, or anything to cover up. The two non-resistant boys were so embarrassed because none of them brought an ender chest that stored their clothes. The blonde and brunette didn't want to stay in the nether completely defenseless, so the team came up with a plan. Go through the portal, Zedaph and Impulse run to the side of the shopping district while Tango grabs his clothes, Zedaph wears the spares and waits, Impulse and Tango get Impulse some clothes by boat, Tango comes back and picks up Zedaph to get his clothes. Flawless.

The three of them went to the inside of the nether hub and stepped through the portal, leading them underneath the stairs. It. Was. Packed. There were hermits everywhere and there was no way in hell that Zed and Impulse were going to be seen in just their underwear. Now they could have grabbed their spares from an ender chest in one of the shops, but, during the planning phase, they concluded that streaking in a public space would be illegal, so they booked it to the beach on the side of the shopping district. Tango sprinted to one of the shops and grabbed a boat and his one pair of spare clothes, a red t-shirt and black skinny jeans.

Tango sped walked to the beach, definitely catching the eye of a few hermits. He placed the boat down and gave the clothes to Zedaph.

"You expect me to wear this? We're completely different sizes!" Zed glared at him, bewildered.

"It's all I had in my chest," the red eyed man responded, "besides, you'll be wearing your own clothes in no time." Zedaph rolled his eyes and huffed. He slipped on the shirt and tight pants as Tango and half-naked Impulse were stepping into the oak boat. They rowed to Impulse's base as quickly as possible. Impulse had never been so uncomfortable and embarrassed.

They eventually made it and Tango rifled through Impulse's closet while the brunet cleaned lava rocks out of his hair. He pulled out a merch shirt and blue jorts. Deciding that those were fine, he threw them at his friend, earning a mildly upset groan. Tango grabbed two sets of elytra wings and flew off to gather their british buddy.

Zedaph was circled by hermits. They were gushing about the beautiful day and how great the town hall looked. It was going all well and dandy until Cub stepped forward and whispered something in Zed's ear. In his hands was a humiliating picture of Zed rushing to the beach they were all standing on. He was black mailing the brit into giving up 10 diamonds or else the rest of the server would know that he wore sheep themed underwear. No one could have handled that, but Zedaph didn't have any diamonds on him. Thankfully though, Tango was coming in a little too hot and crashed into the con man. No one ended up hurt, but the picture had landed in the ocean, meaning the evil scheme was foiled by stupidity once again. Cub didn't really care though, the look on Zedaph's face was payment enough. Tango handed some rockets and his spare elytra to the blond.

"We're gonna go to Impy's place if you need us." Noises that sounded like acknowledgement came from the crowd, so Z and T left the area to fly to their I.

They landed safely and removed the wings from their back, stretching as they went. Impulse walked up and greeted them with a hug as they chatted idly. Kind of. They didn't really know what to say or do. Ideas were bounced back and forth, but none really seemed appealing.

"Do we just wanna watch vine compilations or something? I'm kinda not in the mood for more people right now."

"Sure," Zed shrugged.

"Sounds good to me," Impulse said as he grabbed each of his friends' hands, leading them to his living space. There was a tv and couch, one that they were all familiar with. They often had days like this, ones where they hung out all day but never really wanted to stop once the main event was over. Sitting and watching things with each other was a great way to wind down and that was exactly what they did.

3/31/2021 So I rewrote most of this and it was actually a lot of fun! I may do it with some other older stories once I have more time. For now, I have some other fics in mind. Stay safe!