Chapter 23 - Babe

[Y/n's pov]

We enter the kitchen. All the boys turning around as we pass through. The moment we get to our table, Gally stands up, hugging me. It's bone crushing hug. Alby gets up and pats my shoulder.
,,Welcome back." he says with smile.
,,Newt! You were supposed to keep an eye on her! Not let her leave." argues Jeff. ,,But no wonder you let her, when you two-" Newt just murders him with his glare.
,,When you two what?" asks Minho and Gally as we sit down.
,,Well, I kind of kissed Newt.." I admit, as I dive in and out my fork in my meal.
,,What?" asks Alby with slight smirk in his face.
,,Yeah, I did." I say. ,,Twice." I add. All the boys looking at me.
,,So you two are like together now? Or what?" asks Gally.
,,We didn't have chance to talk about it.." I answer looking into my food, feeling heat in my cheeks.
,,Well, either way, it was only a matter of time." says Minho raising his shoulders, eating again. All the boys around the table eventually agree to this.
,,You'll come with me, I'll check it, after dinner." says Jeff.
,,Good that."

The pain is much better compared to when I woke up. Newt always checking up on me, if I feel alright. I alway nod, trying to talk about something else.
,,Newt," I start, looking at him, as we sit on my bed in my hut. ,,we need to talk about what happened." I say.
,,I know princess, but, you know, I need to tell you, that this evening we well banish Alfred.." says Newt slowly looking at me. ,,You need to be there." he adds.
,,When?" I ask.
,,They are setting it up right now. We need to go. I as the Second in Command and you as Keeper of Med-jacks need to be there." he explains.
,,But we will talk about it then, alright?" I ask.
,,Sure." he says, leading the way, to the doors into the Maze.
,,Alfred, member of builders, you are being banished, for breaking three of our rules." says Alby, as most of the Gladers hold pointy spears against him, and Keepers holding barricade closing the two sides of Gladers with spears.
,,I didn't break any rules." argues Alfred, I stand next to Newt and Minho, as Alfred's eyes lay on me.
,,You broke the fourth rule, the one that forbids to do anything against (Y/n's) will. You harmed another Glader. And you never worked as you should have." Alby names all the rules he broke.
,,No! Fuck you you slut! I should have stabbed you to death!" he screams, trying to get past the Keepers, who only force him to move closer to the maze.
,,Here you have it everyone!" yells Gally, as the walls start to move.
,,And now!" yells Alby, as all the Keepers, with Jeff instead of me, start to push Alfred into the maze. The door shuts Alfred on the other side of them. ,,Now he belongs to the maze." says Alby, as all the Keepers rests their spears on the door. I look at the closed doors in horror. This is what banishment means.
,,(Y/n)? Are you alright?" says voice right next to me. I finally break my gaze from the wall, looking up at Gally.
,,Yeah, I guess." I say, smiling a little.
,,So you and Newt? Is it official yet?" he asks all of sudden. We start to walk towards my hut.
,,I wanted to talk about it with him, but we needed to attend this banishment." I explain.
,,Oh, I see. As long you are happy, I am happy." he says. I hug him in front of my hut.
,,Thanks." I say, before entering. I enter into my empty hut. I sigh, taking one of my shirts, instead of Minho's.
I look around, before leaving to find Newt. I notice he's in his hammock.

,,Hi." I greet as I stand next to his hammock.
,,Hello." he smiles.
,,You know why I am here." I say with small laugh. He sits up, leaving space for me to sit on. I sit down.
,,So, I actually knew, or thought I knew what I feel towards you. And, with that, us kissing, I realized I was right all the time." I start, looking at me hands, rested in my lap. ,,What am I trying to say, is that I like you, more that friend, or best friend.." I say.
,,(Y/n), I like you too." he says, grabbing my hand in his, lacing his fingers in between mine. My head shots up.
,,Really?" I ask, looking into his eyes.
,,100% positive." he says, with smile. I smile back at him, as he leans closer.
,,Don't you two shanks think about making out here in the middle of the Glade!" says Minho, pushing me away from Newt, as he sits in between.
,,Minho, you are such a shuck face." I say, as he throws his arm around my shoulders.
,,I know."
~
I lay in Newt's hammock, one my leg hanging out, as he has his arm around my waist, his face buried in my shoulder. I play with his hair with one hand, other rested on his around my waist. I woke up like this few minutes ago, and it's too soon to do something in the Glade, so I'm just trying to fall asleep again. I rest my head on Newt's falling asleep almost immediately.
~
I wake up in Newt's empty hammock. Today will new Greenie come, it will be third, since I am here, so it means I'm here for four months. I sit up, sitting on the edge, putting my shoes on. I go to the kitchen. I sit at our table alone, as everyone else already had breakfast.
,,Hey (y/n)." says British voice from behind me.
,,Hi." I smile, as he places his hands on my shoulders. I look up. ,,What are you doing?" I ask, still looking into his eyes.
,,I'm keeping you company." he smiles, sitting on the chair beside me. I smile.
,,I'm so flattered." I say, with slight hint of irony. ,,No, it's really kind." I add honestly. He looks me up and down, before placing his hand on my inner thigh, setting my butterflies on loose, and smiling.
He licks his lips, saying. ,,That's what I thought."  before looking at me with soft smile, and talking with me, with his hand on my thigh, while I'm eating.

The Greenie arrived. Newt showed him around, while Glade was buzzing with excitement about the bonfire again. This will be my third bonfire I'll attend, if I wasn't knocked out, it would be my fourth. I sit on the lookout tower. I look around the Glade, my eyes immediately finding a boy, with sandy blonde hair and white hoodie. I look at him, with visible affection on my face, as he walks around with the Greenie, throwing his hands around, explaining how everything works. I smile, with my gaze fixed on him.

,,Hey love." says Newt, when he sits next to me. I smile at him.
,,Hi babe." I greet him. He looks at me little puzzled.
,,Babe?" he asks.
,,You don't like it?" I ask, smiling, as he puts his hand around my waist.
,,No, no, I love it." he says giving me a quick kiss.
,,Sup you ugly shanks." says Minho, who sits next to Newt.
,,Hello Min." I greet him with smile. Newt only laughs lightly as we get into a chat with Minho. The guys start fighting again, in the circle as we cheer.