Chapter 40 - Hanging around

[Y/n's pov]

She walked confidently through all the complex corridors, it was obvious she spent a lot of time in this building. We all followed her silently, sometimes exchanging worried looks. Newt got next to me and linked our pinkies, which I was very grateful for. It took us at least five minutes to get to the room where 'Jorge's been waiting for us.'
However the moment we entered, I could feel my stomach drop. There was not only Jorge and the young girls, who's name still remained as mystery, but the room was full of people. Everyone's eyes landed on us, as we, as a small group of scared to death teenagers, moved towards a huge window, where Jorge stood.
Without realizing what I was doing, I grabbed Newt's hand, squeezing it tightly to know, he was right beside me.
All of us came to stop, when we were close enough so the somewhat middle aged, if I dared to say Mexican, man could see our faces.
"Three questions," started abruptly Jorge, his voice was strict, but still lovely, like a father who needs some information from his problematic children. "Where did you come from, where are you headed, and what will I have from it?" he asked, and lifted his eyebrows. I looked at my friends, and we were all looking at one another. "Please don't speak all at once." said Jorge, a hint of joke in his voice, but it was obvious he needs the answers.
"We're headed to mountains," Thomas was first, and only, to give this man an answer. "looking for a Right Arm." as soon as he said those words, couple of laughs and snorts could be heard from the crown. I noticed the girls alarmed look towards Jorge.
"You are looking for ghosts you mean." said Jorge who got himself a glass and some bottle full of brownish liquid. He took a sip, and an unpleasant silence set over the whole room. "Question number two. WHERE did you cone from?" he asked again as he realized no one was going to answer him. He stepped closer to us, watching us closely.
Minho and Thomas exchanged looks, before Minho decided to answer this one.
"That's our business." he stated, looking at Jorge with his usual amount of sass. There was a small scoff coming from Jorge before four or five men ran into our group, each grabbing someone, holding us tightly. We all were protesting and talking one over the other. The girl, whose name was still a mystery for us, grabbed a metal device, coming straight for Thomas.
"Hey hey hey!" yelled Thomas trying to back out. "Let us go! Get away from me with that." but no matter how much he tried to escape, the girl still got to him.
"Stop acting like a little kid." she scolded him, as she used the device to scan the back of his neck. I was so confused how she could get some answers from the back of Thomas' neck, but the device beeped in approval. The girls face went stone cold.
"Jorge you need to see this." she said, coming closer to Jorge.
"What is it Brenda?" he asked, using the girl's name. His face went stone cold as well the moment he saw the screen. "You're not going anywhere hermano, you came from WICKED, you are tagged." and with those words, everyone holding us, tightened their grip on us.

"That was a great plan Thomas." said Minho, sarcastically, the moment we were left alone. We were hung by our ankles from one of the higher ceiling. I felt the blood flowing into my head and brain.
"Guys, can you see the lever?" I asked as I did my fifth spin around. Soon after turning once more unwillingly.
"Yes, what's your plan?" asked Fry, also spinning, but in the other direction.
"If we can reach that lever, we will be capable to let ourselves down." I start explaining.
"Great, but how will that help?" asked Minho.
"If someone who lets us lower holds onto the bars, they can get on the floor and help the rest of us." I explain the remaining part of my idea as I finish my eight circle, feeling extremely dizzy.
"Let's try that, we have nothing to lose here." says Thomas.
"Great! Who's closest?" I ask, checking carefully while slowly turning for ninth time.
"I'd say it's me." says Teresa, looking little scared. She's complety still as she hangs from the ceiling, making me jealous of her situation. After everyone murmured an agreement, she asked. "Okay, how the hell am I supposed to do that?" this question was directed towards me.
"Wiggle yourself to the closest person, I think it's Thomas, or something like that, he can push you towards Minho, who will push you to the lever." I explained my thought process, as she agreed again.
Teresa firstly reached out her hand towards Thomas, who also extended his to try and grab Teresa. I saw their hands miss by millimeters. "You can do it!" Newt cheered on, as Teresa wiggled herself somewhat closer, brushing her fingers on Thomas'. There was slight groan from her, as she slipped away from him, and swung around a little. Luckily she still had her arm extended and the moment she came by Thomas he grabbed her arm, steadying her and himself in one place. There could be heard slight cheers from all around, before there was phase two of the plan.
"Ready?" Thomas asked, turning Teresa around to face Minho.
"Whenever you are." she responded. Thomas didn't bother with countdown, he just straight up pushed Teresa towards Minho. With all the power she was pushed with, she flew straight into Minho, who caught her right away. There were slightly more audible cheers.
"Tell me when you're ready." said Minho, holding Teresa by her waist, readying her up for the next part of the plan.
"Ready." she said simply, as she extended her arms, being ready for Minho's push. As soon as he did, she swung across the whole pit, near Thomas, and missing the bar only by millimeters. There was collective groan, as Thomas caught Teresa, and pushed her towards Minho again.
Minho caught Teresa with and ease, readying himself and her once again.
"Ready?" he asked again.
"Yes." she said, determination could be heard in her voice. Minho pushed her, using more of his strength. She swung across once more, grabbing onto the bar, before her fingers slipped, and she fell backwards, straight again to Thomas. Seconds after she was with Minho again. He didn't even ask her if she was ready, he just pushed her right away. She swung across for the third time, grabbing ahold on the bar, holding tight. We all cheered slightly.

A.N.: Hello yes, I am alive, and I am very sorry to all of you who are waiting for the next update. Hopefully this will raise your spirit a little :D <3