Chapter 38 - Crow

[Y/n's pov.]
Crow. First thing I see as I open my eyes. Nibbling on the delicious leather of our boots. I scoffed a little, snuggling a little more into Newt's side, letting the heat that radiated from his body warm up my own. Newt just slightly tightened his arm around my body, keeping me close.
I'm not trying to fall asleep again, because if I did fall asleep, I would not have the time to enjoy this feeling of safety, almost like I was home.
My thought process is ripped apart by a rustling on the other side of me. I slightly raise and turn my head, to see what is whoever is by my other side doing, watching Thomas trying to scare the crow away, with absolutely no success. After a while, he does indeed scare the crow away, but waking most of the gang during his attempts.
"Good morning love." groaned Newt into my hair in his raspy, morning voice, sending shivers down my spine.
"Morning babe." I responded, smiling, as he tightened his grip for a bit, before rubbing my side slightly as I sat up.
"Guess we survived." Minho laughed slightly, still laying on his back, his hands behind his head.
"Yeah." said Thomas, somewhat still tiredly.
"You good mate?" Newt asked, his hand loosely laying on my lap.
"Yes, sure, we need to get on the move." he rose up to his feet so quickly, that I only saw a blur.
"What about Winston?" Fry asked, sitting next to him, holding Wins' shoulder.
"Wins, can you walk?" I asked. He turned his head slightly, nodding. ,,If anything changes, we can make stretches." I finished. I noticed some odd looks from Minho and Teresa, not paying much attention to it.
We slowly gathered everything we had there, Thomas in front of everyone, started walking, leading the way. As I was about to walk after Newt, somebody caught my wrist. Turning around, I was facing Teresa and Minho, very odd combination, both of them looking at me rather worriedly.
"What?" I asked slowly.
"And you can walk?" Minho said. Shit he was actually the one who saved me.
"Yes. Anything else." I smiled brightly at them, trying to move again.
"y/n, if you need any-"
"Tessa, I'm alright," I said, cutting her of as I turned around to look these two into eyes. ,,it's nothing, I bandaged it, and I will be quite alright, same as Winston." I said, as they looked at one another, before nodding and hurrying to everyone else with me.

We were walking for a bit now, the sandy hills surrounding us, slowly changing to somewhat stepped down trails of roads and paths, leading to huge, concrete and glassful buildings, towering over us like mythical giants. I was one of the people closing our group, walking as the last. I slowed down a little, staring upwards, trying to dodge the reflections of the sun, that shone off of the glass walls. Still looking upwards, admiring the architecture, with the combination of how huge these buildings were, not quite actually caring I spent so long being imprisoned by enormous walls, towering over everything, making all of us feel tiny. I slowly did a spin while still walking, trying to catch as much of the view as possible. The warm air making breathing horrible act, the sun shining on us through all the glass panels, through all the cracks and metal sticking out of the broken walls. Thomas stopped, stopping everyone else behind him, as he slowly raised his hand.
"Can you hear it?" he asked, making all of us fall into a dead, nervous silence. I was trying to catch a single sound, not hearing any, even tho I could literally hear a nail hit pillow at that moment. I couldn't hear a anything, until low rumbling was noticeable. "Everybody hide!" Thomas yelled, spinning around looking for a place. Soon his eyes landed on a fallen concrete wall, that resembled into small cave like space. I could feel the fear inside me rising, as the sound of WICKED's berg was getting so much louder, with the huge metal thing approaching us. Without even realizing it, I was clenching two hands. On my right, with our fingers tightly enlaced, was Newt, squeezing my hand ever so slightly. On the left, was Minho, I would never expect him, to reach out and grab my hand, but here we are, crouching under fallen piece of concrete, holding tight onto each other, while holding our breaths, listening to the loud rumbling above us. The berg was flying slowly over the destroyed city. After a tence moment, I let out the breath I didn't even know I was holding, as we all slowly made our way out of our hiding.
"Was that WICKED?" Aris asks, looking after the berg.
"Yeah, I guess." Thomas said, watching Aris' look.
"They will never stop looking for us, huh?" Minho said, looking at Thomas instead of the berg.
"Maybe we should move, we need to get to the mountain people." Newt said, crawling out of our hideout. Reaching his hand, towards anyone who would need help. Helping Teresa and Winston to get out of there. I crawled out by myself, standing up, dusting my pants and shirt.
"You okay?" I went to Winston, as I noticed his somewhat shallow breathing.
"Am fine." he rather breathed out, almost without any trace of voice.
"M'kay, if anything, just let me know, got it Wins?" I said, sounding more concerned than I intended to do, but what can I do, he is quite pale and over all doesn't look mighty fresh.
We continued our journey, walking through the scorched earth, sand flying from our feet, as we struggled. We were struggling with breathing, being hydrated enough, I mean, what were we expecting doing into desert like world, and we mostly struggled with keeping our motivation up to push through all the bad stuff and negatives of this journey. Ever since that abandoned building, we didn't come across, or into, any other building.
I was walking rather slowly, as the sun, walking and restless nights were setting in my body. Thomas, still leading us, trying to give us a motivation, moving forward, started sprinting up a sandy hill. Without single hesitation, everyone started speeding up behind him.
"What is happening?" Winston murmured, trying to keep up, with the speed and with the breathing. I left his question without answer, as I thought it was more of a question to himself than for me. Although I wanted to stay somewhat close to Wins, I was to excited about what Thomas saw he ran after it. So I sped up. Being almost last, I got up the hill, looking into the distance. Winston got there a couple seconds after, standing rather wobbly, than steady. In distance you could see by eye, there were beautiful mountains, spreading across the horizon.
"It looks beautiful." I breathed out, watching the sandy hills melt into huge, rocky cliffs. I could swear on anything there was a snow, covering the tops of the mountains. I looked at everyone, just at time to see Winston loosing his balance, that he was hardly maintaining, and falling head first down the sandy hill.