Chapter 35 - Run

[Y/n's pov.]

,,Well, I need to admit life here is boring." I said, lying again on bed, waiting for a dinner.
,,You already said that." said Minho, laughing as he was sitting on ground, playing some game with Winston they made up in Glade.
,,I didn't, did I?" I said, sitting up quickly, looking at everyone and no one particular.
,,Yeah you did Y/n/n." responded Newt, who was watching Minho and Winston with huge interest.
,,Damn, this place is so boring I'm starting to forget about everything." I said, laying back down, still watching guys, as they play the game. I was trying to understand the game, giving up when Minho rose up to his feet, throwing fists up in the air, cheering to himself.
,,I don't get this game." Thomas said lowly to me, watching Fry and Newt reset the game to play.
,,Me neither." I admitted, laughing, as we both laughed.
,,Dinner time!" sounded from door, with huge bangs, before the guards unlocked them.
,,Great!" said Jack, being like the first one to get up and head to the door and to the guard.

We sat at the table we sat at the first day. The guys who were with us were nowhere to see. Thomas was just diving in and out his fork, looking around.
,,Tommy, I know you wanna help Teresa, we all do, but please just don't do anything witless." Newt said, as Thomas was shifting slightly on his chair. ,,We don't need any more attention than we already has." Newt continued but Thomas already rose to his feet, heading to the door out with guards.
,,Fuck." whispered Minho, as Thomas started fighting the guards. We all rose up, running to them. The guys dragged Thomas away, both Gladers and guards arguing, before Ratman came.
,,What is going on here?!" Ratman was freaking out, as most of the people in cafeteria were watching us. ,,I thought we are on the same page here Thomas." said Janson lowly.
,,Are we?" Thomas said angrily.
,,Take them to their room. The show is over everyone!" Janson yelled as the guards forced us out of the cafeteria into our room.

,,Very nice Thomas." I said pissed, as they closed the door behind us.
,,I thought we agreed to keep low profile! You really thought that was going to work?!" Newt was angry.
,,No," Thomas said calmly. ,,I did not." he continued as he pulled out a guards key card. We all stared at him, as the vent under Thomas and Newt's  bunk bed moved.
,,You got it?" asked the boys who just came to our room through the vent.
,,Who the hell is this?" I asked, being totally blown away.
,,Yeah, got it. This is Aris." Thomas said as he and the guy, Aris, left the room through the ventilation.
,,You gotta be joking!" I yelled, as I stood there in shook.

We were waiting for Thomas and Aris, I guess, some patiently, some really stressed. Maybe I was the only one stressed, but, that's not important.
I finally sat down, when the vent door flew across the room, as Thomas got out, freaking out.
,,What's happening?" Minho said running after Thomas who was panicking.
,,And what is he doing here?" I asked, as Aris crawled out of the vent.
,,Get me some cloth!" Thomas yelled as he ripped a blanket from a bed, tying the door handle close. ,,Get the mattresses!" he continued to instruct us, as we all were confused.
,,Tommy, what's wrong?" Newt said calmly as Thomas was battling with mattress.
,,We need to get out!" Thomas was panicking.
,,Tommy what?" Newt was trying to stay calm. Thomas was still panicking, muttering something to himself, slamming the mattress on the door. Newt got pissed and slammed his hand on the mattress next to Thomas' face.
,,What happened?!" he said, as Thomas finally chilled a little.
,,It's WICKED." Thomas said, as I exchanged concerned look with Minho.
,,No, we got away." said Frypan.
,,No, its WICKED, it has always been! Ava is alive!" he started panicking again.
,,Ava?" I asked.
,,The doctor that pulled the trigger." he explained.
,,Why did you block the door?" Newt asked patiently.
,,They are coming for us, we have to leave." said Thomas, as we turned to Aris, who just slightly nodded.

We got out of the vent, one after another, until Aris excused himself, and left with Winston to take care of something. Everyone else headed through the halls to find Teresa. We didn't set off any alarm, nor met anyone. As soon as this thought came across my mind, we ran into doctor, who took care of Teresa the first day.
,,What are y'all doing here?" she looked at us, looking us up and down, her eyes slightly closed. I was looking at her and at Newt and Thomas, trying to think of an answer, when a alarm sound and red lights blasted through the halls. Her eyes widened with realization, but before she was able to do anything, Thomas and Minho jumped to her, taking her, practically as hostage, pushing her further down the hall we were passing. We stopped at some door, as the doctor said, Teresa was supposed to be behind these, she opened them with her keycard, entering first.
,,What are you doing here doc-" young doctor wasn't capable to finish, as the rest of us pushed in through the door. Thomas and Minho somehow managed to get guns, as the guys barricaded the entrance. Thomas gave his gun to Fry, as he noticed Teresa in bed, with few tubes from her arms.
,,Teresa!" he said, running towards her, as Minho and Fry stood there, guns loosely pointed at the doctors. Me, Newt and Jack behind them.
,,Thomas, what's happening?" I heard Teresa's faint voice as she woke up.
,,We needs to get out." Thomas responded. Then, there was loud bang on the door.
,,We can't go through the door again!" I informed, even though everyone already knew that.
,,Some ideas?" Minho said, his gun pointing at the door this time. Newt ran to a small stool, took it, and rushed over to a huge window leading to other room with doors. Trying to smash it. Shortly after Thomas took another one, giving such a swing he smashed the window. He took blanket from the bed, as the doors were slowly getting kicked open, covering the scattered glass, jumping over, helping Teresa.
Jack and Newt jumped over the wall with smashed window next. Newt grabbing me by waist helping me over the moment he had opportunity.
Minho and Fry were the last to get over, but as soon as they did, we started running for the door, the door in the previous room were kicked down.
Teresa was pretty confused but ran with us.
It took us a little to find a way to door, that led out. Out of this WICKED place. Thomas started swiping the card quickly in the slider, as the guards were coming, with Jason leading them. The slider took a while, before shining a red light, bot letting us through. Thomas started panicking, sliding faster and faster, almost breaking the card with force.
,,You'll never get on the other side." said Jason slowly walking in front of line of guards, with their shields up. ,,I thought we were on the same page here Thomas." he continued calmly. Thomas shoved the card to Minho, who impatiently continued sliding it. Thomas moved little forward, gun hanging by his side.
,,Are we?!" Thomas almost spat how angry he sounded. ,,Let me guess, WICKED is good?" Thomas continued and Janson let down his hands he held up in the air. He scoffed, turning slightly to the guard, before back at us.
,,You will never get through that door, and if so, Scorch is dangerous place, you wouldn't last a single day!" he said, coming slightly forward. With all the irony, this situation could bring, the door lock shined green light. I shot it glance, then other, as I wasn't sure I saw it right. The door rolled up, Thomas still pointing his gun at Janson's chest.
,,Hi guys." said Aris, standing on the other side of the doors with Winston. We all ran to the other side as Janson started yelling something about closing the door into his walkie talkie. And soon enough, the door started closing.
,,Run! Thomas run!" we all yelled at top of our lungs for Thomas to get to us. But he didn't start running at first. He started firing at the guards and Janson, hitting mostly the shields, but still holding them back. Our yells and screams started getting louder, as the door sped up a little. Thomas was out of munitions and tossed the gun at the guards starting to run towards the closing door, everyone behind him, to stop him, make it impossible for him to run through that door. With every step he took, the doors were closer and closer to the ground. I clutched on Newt's hand, unintentionally cracking his knuckles. Thomas ran, under kicking his own legs,sliding under the last gap between the floor and door. Right after he slid to our side, the door shut, with Jacob destroying the lock on our side. Janson and the guards got to the door, Janson trying to unlock them, the lock on our side only firing sparkles. He then looked pissed at Thomas, though a small, rectangle shaped, glass, in the upper part of the door. They gazes met, as Thomas swiftly rose his hand up, showing a very specific and offensive gesture. A grin plastered on his face, as Jason looked at Thomas' middle finger in the air like a light house ob the hill.
,,You little shit." was all Jason said, through grinned teeth, and muffled thanks to the doors separating us.
Minho was actually the one who led the group through the working part of the WICKED building. I had to nudge Thomas a little to stop his stare off contest with Jason, and to move towards the door, towards the freedom. We ran as quickly as possible towards the huge, metal doors, locked with many many locks. Looking around the doors, the siren blasting in background, lights shining around, my gaze landed on a single lever, seated right in the middle of the door, five times bigger than me. I grabbed the lever, trying to push it down. It didn't work out, so I used my whole body weight, hanging only on the lever, as it slowly moved downwards, to the simple 'open' label, as a locks were heard.
The doors started slowly unlocking, moving even slower to the sides, welcoming us to hot, yet so cold, dark outsides.

A/n: Hiyaaa! Sorry with the horrible upload schedule, which is nonexistent, buuuuut, would you guys be interested in somewhat longer chapters, or should I keep it at this length?? Thanks for staying with me through this story! <3